Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Physics Society Members (UKL PhySoc) watch

ReputationRep:
    i take physics A2 at the mo, most of its ok but some parts just sux. y would ne1 plan to take physics in uni, all that will happen is that ur personality will shrival and die lol y do ppl want that?

ReputationRep:
    can i join pls? i'm doing A2 phys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazMaTaz)
    i take physics A2 at the mo, most of its ok but some parts just sux. y would ne1 plan to take physics in uni, all that will happen is that ur personality will shrival and die lol y do ppl want that?
    Some of it is interesting. It's a good degree to have, even though it's difficult. You might wanna work on your English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RazMaTaz)
    why will ithey shrivel and die? They're are plenty of degrees that turn people into boring lifeless human beings, and Physics isn't one of them!

tiara123 - you're welcome to join, I've added you to members list.

Btw, does anyone know why all posts related to our society have suddenly got "UKLPhySoc" in the titles? I didn't change them, so I assume the mods did! Have we been "officially" recognised?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    why will ithey shrivel and die? They're are plenty of degrees that turn people into boring lifeless human beings, and Physics isn't one of them!

tiara123 - you're welcome to join, I've added you to members list.

Btw, does anyone know why all posts related to our society have suddenly got "UKLPhySoc" in the titles? I didn't change them, so I assume the mods did! Have we been "officially" recognised?!
    yeah all Socs have been abbreviated and officated lol there's a sticky thread in this subforum on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hihihihi)
    yeah all Socs have been abbreviated and officated lol there's a sticky thread in this subforum on it
    really?! I'll have to find tht sticky!

ReputationRep:
    Heya your crazy physics people, may I join your wonderful society?

I'm currently doing A2 physics (Exam tomorrow - Crikey!) and will be studying it at uni. Does that mean i get to be a full member? Or do i need to pass the initiation ritual tests first?

ReputationRep:
    I would very much like to join also as i am studying for A2 and will be doing it at university college, durham uni (grades providing). thank you.

ReputationRep:
    i am going to do my A2 physics edexcel....would be ever so grateful if i can join...plzzzz?

thanks a million in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rustyk1)
    I would very much like to join also as i am studying for A2 and will be doing it at university college, durham uni (grades providing). thank you.
    Heyyyyy how come Rustyk1 gets to join even though he applied after me, eh? Why isnt my name on the list? Do I not meet your high standards???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Founder
    Hoofbeat

Full Members
    Elpaw
    Nylex
    Mik1a
    Bono/Checkey
    Davey Boy
    Alec
    Bebop
    I'masillynarb
    Bezza
    Phil
    Ger
    Android Killer
    Mast3486
    Jojoba86 (Leader of Campaign for the Physics Society Board)
    Hitchhiker 13
    Keithy
    Speciez99
    Kosine90
    Riffraff
    K'uin K'ra
    Figgetyfig
    4Ed
    Tammypotato
    Edders
    Sat
    Capslock
    pal_sch
    chrisbphd
    Zazy
    mathematician
    Faerieland
    Mysticmin
    Scarlet_ibis
    mast3468
    Lonestar
    chud
    samdavyson
    hornblower
    RDoh
    [ Z ]
    Rustyk1
    Mighty

Honorary Members
    DazYaa911
    Elite Cookie
    LS
    mubinchoudhury
    Z!D4N
    ®eAl ©uTe Eye$
    Wiwarin mir
    mathemagician
    hihihihi
    Fly By
    shushimeng
    sunjuice
    jinsisi
    tiara123
    KiranV

Any new members are welcome. Please contact me via PM for details of membership and how to apply. Thank you
    Count me in!! my name is not there, i posted my post that I want to join, you never counted me in!!

ReputationRep:
    ARGHHHHH I take a few days off from not checkin every single post in UKL and suddenly there is an influx of new members! Sorry to all those who are wanting to join the PhySoc! I've completely lost track of who has asked me what and what your situation is! Here are details regarding membership:

"1)Full Member Status - you plan to study Physics (or related subject, eg. engineering, natsci[physical], computer science, maths, architecture, electronics etc...) at University level.

2)Honorary Member Status - you have a genuine interest in Physics, but do not plan to study it beyond A-Level.

Both memberships allow you to do the same things within the society, the 2different types are simply used to allow people to distinguish between someone who will study the subject further and those who won't, such as if they require information about specific topics etc.

If you could inform me which best applies to you, then I will gladly add you to the members list. Also, please feel free to list the society in your signature (as I see you have already done)."

Please can you PM me your type of membership and I will add you to the official list. I will not be replying to people who ask to join via this thread as I don't check it often enough! Sorry.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.