The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

When Do You Plan On Moving In?

Congrats to everyone who got in!!:biggrin:

Commiserations to the ones who missed their offers!:frown: Don't stop posting!

I still haven’t heard back about my accommodation *yet*, but just wondering when everyone’s moving in, on the Saturday I’m assuming? I heard that it's first come first serve with rooms, so I want to be there early in the morning!! Haha

xxx :suith:

Scroll to see replies

heey ! :smile:

I havent got my accomodation offer yet.. i think ill get it sometime in early september..

did u get yours yet??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
xbabydoll
Congrats to everyone who got in!!:biggrin:

Commiserations to the ones who missed their offers!:frown: Don't stop posting!

I still haven’t heard back about my accommodation *yet*, but just wondering when everyone’s moving in, on the Saturday I’m assuming? I heard that it's first come first serve with rooms, so I want to be there early in the morning!! Haha

xxx :suith:

I'll be there from the 20th on because of the student orientation
Reply 3
I'll arrive on the 17th. Opted for early arrival for the 20th. Hotel in the meantime.
Yeah, i'm going to book myself a flight for the 20th of September as well. Jb sweden, do you already know which hotel you'll be staying in? In case i do come earlier, to get a cheaper flight, i might stay in this youth hostel just one block from UCL: www.generatorhostels.com ...
Reply 5
23rd. Bring it on.
Reply 6
FarEastGerman
Yeah, i'm going to book myself a flight for the 20th of September as well. Jb sweden, do you already know which hotel you'll be staying in? In case i do come earlier, to get a cheaper flight, i might stay in this youth hostel just one block from UCL: www.generatorhostels.com ...

I have no idea really, but I'll be with my parents till I move in my room at Ramsay.
Reply 7
Ludivine
Bring it on.

I intend to.
Reply 8
jb_sweden
I intend to.

:suith:
Reply 9
i left ramsay a couple of months ago- it was a sad day :frown:
get there on the saturday if possible. it was a wicked night for meeting people. rooms are already allocated so no worries about that.
Reply 10
Can't believe it, just a month away... Well International Student so hopefully I can move in on the 20th if not 19th!
Guess I'm going to move in on the 20th, coz of international...
It s going to be great!!! Can't wait...
Reply 12
23rd for sure. When I find out where I am. I hope I got an inter-collegiate hall.
Reply 13
I don't get this? Hughes Pary Intercolegiate Hall confirmed my place but said I only move in after 2pm on the 24th. Does every other hall start earlier?
Reply 14
misty
i left ramsay a couple of months ago- it was a sad day :frown:
get there on the saturday if possible. it was a wicked night for meeting people. rooms are already allocated so no worries about that.

Is this def true for all halls, does anyone know? Coz I could get there early if it's not but i'm not gonna bust my ass if the rooms are already allocated.
Reply 15
Kalis
I don't get this? Hughes Pary Intercolegiate Hall confirmed my place but said I only move in after 2pm on the 24th. Does every other hall start earlier?

I know it's that way for connaught..another intercoll. You can move in earlier, but will have to pay the nightly rate. And apparently you can request to move in earlier than 2pm? But im not sure how that works...

Try emailing Hughes..I emailed connaught with a few questions and heard back rather quickly.
hopefully i can move in a few days before the 23rd, and be able to have guests over on the 23rd - got 2 friends coming down to visit then
salz2k
And apparently you can request to move in earlier than 2pm? But im not sure how that works...

Yes, this 2pm business is because most of the intercollegiate halls have residential conferences and bed & breakfast guests during the summer. Those people have to be out by 10am on their departure date; so if there is a B&B guest in "your" room right up until 24th (when you arrive), by the time they've left and the room has been cleaned, it's going to be about 2pm.

If you arrive before 2pm and your room is known to be clean already, you'll normally be given your key straight away (at Connaught, at least).
Reply 18
Does the accomodation offer (thats meant to come early september) tell you when you are moving in or can u decide yourself?
Reply 19
Does the accomodation offer (thats meant to come early september) tell you when you are moving in or can u decide yourself?

The offer is from the 23rd. Though, you can apply for early arrival (costs extra).

Latest

Trending

Trending