The Student Room Group

Access Course/Diagnostic Radiography.

Hello everyone,

I am due to start an access course in September, in Health and Sciences, and I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get onto a diagnostic radiography course with this qualification?
I'm particularly interested in UCS, obviously I'll all them and find out more information, i'm just keen to know how many people actually do this!

Thank you in advance for any replies. :smile:
Reply 1
I went for an interview at UCS for the September 2014 intake, There was a large majority of people on my interview day that had studded an access course as a equivalent A level qualification. So im sure you will stand a equal chance - dont worry :smile:
Also mature students in my experience tend to go more towards these courses aswell :smile:
Original post by howeebee
Hello everyone,

I am due to start an access course in September, in Health and Sciences, and I was just wondering if anyone has managed to get onto a diagnostic radiography course with this qualification?
I'm particularly interested in UCS, obviously I'll all them and find out more information, i'm just keen to know how many people actually do this!

I've just finished my access to health course and I've been excepted to study diagnostic radiography at Cardiff. Access course was a slog mind. Lol. They did ask for physics but I've got a C at GCSE and they said that was fine.
Reply 3
I have just completed an Access to Biological sciences course and got offers from Cardiff & UWE (only applied to the 2). Try to arrange a clinical visit to a radiography department ( I rang/emailed local hospitals) as this will stand you in good stead for any possible interviews.

Good luck with your course & Hope this helps. :smile:

Original post by howeebee
Hello everyone,

Quick Reply

Latest