The Student Room Group

Which University...

I need to decide between four Universities, and I don't want to go and make the wrong choice. I am attending Open Days for all of these Universities, but I want to know the opinions of other people also.
The choices are;

University of Sussex (Already visited)

Royal Holloway (Visiting tomorrow)

University of West England

Oxford Brookes

It would be nice to get an idea of the pros and cons to the Universities, from different peoples points of views. If you studied abroad with one of these Universities I would like to know the experience you had with that also. I'd like to know the overall atmosphere you felt from the Universities, whether you felt that you made the correct choice, whether the accommodation is ok, what the lectures are like, etc. Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Sussex and Royal Holloway are considerably more prestigious than the other two. What are your predicted grades? Also, why are you only considering 4 universities rather than 5?
Reply 2
Considering four, instead of five at the moment because I'm still looking into Universities and I'm finding it hard to settle on a fifth choice. I don't want to make the wrong decision at all. I live in Portsmouth and therefore don't want Universities that are too far away however, Portsmouth University and Southampton University are out of the option for me because I want to move away from home, just not too far.

I'm currently doing a BTEC level 3 course, and my predicted grades are DDM. However, in the first year I got Distinctions in every unit, and plan on doing so on the second year of the course. I am also hopefully picking up As Psychology, in order to extend my knowledge as I find that the level 3 course alone may not necessarily get me into the University of my choice.

Quick Reply

Latest