Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Is anyone on here starting a Criminology course this September or knows anybody already studying it or has studied it.

I'm trying to find out more information about it want to study it in September but info seems hard to find.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snm27th)
    Hi
    Is anyone on here starting a Criminology course this September or knows anybody already studying it or has studied it.

I'm trying to find out more information about it want to study it in September but info seems hard to find.

I hoping to start studying sociology with criminology come September at Exeter. I also did Sociology A level and one of the units was "Sociology of Crime and Deviance". So feel free to ask away!

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my undergraduate degree in sociology but the majority of my modules were in criminology and i plan to do a criminology masters.

Basically criminology is the study of crime in every sense, e.g why do people commit crimes, how does this effect victims, how does the government deal with criminal actions, the types of crime, war and terrorism, ect. The list of topics involved in criminology is literally endless but my final modules were:

War, atrocities and genocide; Violence and society; Terrorism and modern society; The criminal justice system in modern Britain; Drugs culture and control and The sociology of crime and deviance (my other modules were more sociologically based).

Its a a very interesting area of study and i really enjoyed doing it (which is my i'm doing it for my masters), however it isn't the best course in terms of job prospects.

Regardless, you should do a course you enjoy and criminology is certainly an interesting subject.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.