The Student Room Group

A-level economics AS Unit 2 Question

I sat the AS Units this year. I believe they went (don't want to sound overconfident) sufficiently?

Anyway, I was just thinking of what COULD have gone wrong, and one particular thing sprang to mind.
Now I remember doing a SRAS diagram which I'm 99% sure was linked to firms (making it correct, yes?)
But I've been wondering if I was wrong and the diagram was applied when LRAS was supposed to be used.

Despite the fact I'm 90-95% sure that I used an LRAS diagram when LRAS was needed and an SRAS diagram when SRAS was needed, could you help me through how many marks I have potentially lost?

I can't remember what it was out of, either 8 or 12, let's go with 12 for worst case scenario.

This would make the diagram worth 4 marks in total. Would I lose ALL four marks?

The mark scheme is listed: Axes Labelled (1) Equilibria Labelled (1) Lines Labelled (1) Correct shifts in Line (1)

Do I have a chance of getting any of these 4 marks if I did SRAS rather than LRAS? Like I said, I'm *pretty* sure I did an LRAS one when LRAS was needed, so be honest :smile:

Sorry to waffle on, ever since exams ended they've been all I can think about.
What examination board?
Original post by keynes24
What examination board?

Edexcel
Original post by IrishBoyInLondon
Edexcel

well it would help if you can remember the question.
well it would help if you can remember the question.

Outline why conditions for Youths are so poor (I'm paraphrasing obviously)
:colondollar:

I naturally brought up rising Tuition fees as a point but then I also referenced that Unemployment is made higher due to firms suffering from rising Oil prices (as it explicitly stated I MUST reference the data)

The diagram basically showed an inward shift of AS meaning Price was raised and stretched it to show how this meant consumers (specifically youths as they're typically the poorest age group) could afford less.

Sorry it's been a while so I couldn't get it word for word.
I am assuming is the 2nd case study an 8 mark question.
Data reference2 marks
2 factors
Whether you got the diagram right/wrong is irrelevant since it is not needed. Also I wouldn't use oil prices since it is quite difficult to link it just to youth/young adults.
-Increase youth unemployment
-higher tuition fees
I am assuming is the 2nd case study an 8 mark question.
Data reference2 marks
2 factors
Whether you got the diagram right/wrong is irrelevant since it is not needed. Also I wouldn't use oil prices since it is quite difficult to link it just to youth/young adults.
-Increase youth unemployment
-higher tuition fees

Yeah those were actually the two points I put
Would I be deducted points for having an irrelevant (albeit correct) diagram?
Original post by IrishBoyInLondon
Yeah those were actually the two points I put
Would I be deducted points for having an irrelevant (albeit correct) diagram?

of course not.

Quick Reply