The Student Room Group

Clearing with Leeds Metropolitan?

i know what people say about leeds met but it's my firm choice and I am happy with it lalala :tongue:

However...I am terrified for my results, you know when you do an exam and you just...know it's not going to be pretty on results day.

So, if any of you go to leeds met now via clearing or know about it, or have been through clearing with ANY university, i have a couple questions that are really important to me

My offer is basically BBC including my AS-levels to make up the UCAS points. 200 have to come from 2 A-levels(BB) and 80 from a scientific subject including psychology (mine would be psychology, this is also the exam I am like wow that went awful may as well have set the paper on fire and ran around nude during the exam)

But Im seeing myself getting CCC... if that :frown::frown::frown:

Whats my chances of still getting into Met?
If they reject me, can i go through clearing to them and see if they'll accept me then?
What's the chance of a university accepting those grades?

Baaah stupid wanting an education and a degree and agjdlfk :-(
Original post by Eddiexx
i know what people say about leeds met but it's my firm choice and I am happy with it lalala :tongue:

However...I am terrified for my results, you know when you do an exam and you just...know it's not going to be pretty on results day.

So, if any of you go to leeds met now via clearing or know about it, or have been through clearing with ANY university, i have a couple questions that are really important to me

My offer is basically BBC including my AS-levels to make up the UCAS points. 200 have to come from 2 A-levels(BB) and 80 from a scientific subject including psychology (mine would be psychology, this is also the exam I am like wow that went awful may as well have set the paper on fire and ran around nude during the exam)

But Im seeing myself getting CCC... if that :frown::frown::frown:

Whats my chances of still getting into Met?
If they reject me, can i go through clearing to them and see if they'll accept me then?
What's the chance of a university accepting those grades?

Baaah stupid wanting an education and a degree and agjdlfk :-(

Nobody can tell you, not even the university itself until results day, because it depends on how many people miss their offers. What is certain is that if the university has rejected you and it says unsuccessful on Track, then you can't apply to them through clearing.
Unis get the results the weekend before you do. So if you wake up to a rejection from Leeds Met then it's pretty much game over with them. They will have had a few days to consider your application and decided that they would rather take someone else. I suppose it's just about possible they could change their mind if they have got their numbers wrong, but extremely unlikely that they would take you via clearing.
Reply 3
That's my main question that you've answered, if they reject me it's tough tits I cant try again so thanks!
Original post by Eddiexx
That's my main question that you've answered, if they reject me it's tough tits I cant try again so thanks!

If they reject you then you automatically go to your insurance. If you didn't achieve the grade for insurance then it's clearing. My advice would be don't apply for a degree with less than BCC because you're likely to just be rejected again. Try a foundation or entry, alternatively resit A-Levels.
Reply 5
Original post by KindofGood
If they reject you then you automatically go to your insurance. If you didn't achieve the grade for insurance then it's clearing. My advice would be don't apply for a degree with less than BCC because you're likely to just be rejected again. Try a foundation or entry, alternatively resit A-Levels.

Thanks! I think if I do as bad as I thought, a foundation year might be best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending