The Student Room Group

Do guys work at boots or superdrugs?

my local boots and superdrugs have some vacancies but I don't know if i should apply as i've never seen any guys work there apart from the odd 1 or 2...

So just asking do guys work their or do people think it is weird?

If anyone does work there how is it? I plan to apply for a weekend role that is available so if anyone can give advice on that, also do you have to work bank holidays as it states something about that on job description.
Original post by sax100
my local boots and superdrugs have some vacancies but I don't know if i should apply as i've never seen any guys work there apart from the odd 1 or 2...

So just asking do guys work their or do people think it is weird?

If anyone does work there how is it? I plan to apply for a weekend role that is available so if anyone can give advice on that, also do you have to work bank holidays as it states something about that on job description.

No its really not weird at all. I'd say about half of the people who work at my boots are guys (maybe just under)

Its alright working for boots and yeah you have to work at least 2 bank holidays a year. Tip: if they ask you to an interview its a good idea to check out the store a few days before amd generally know where things are. They may ask you to find things :P
Better to have female colleagues anyway. :colone:
Work is work mate, as long as they're paying you the same, go for it!
Reply 4
Original post by Henriette_ny
No its really not weird at all. I'd say about half of the people who work at my boots are guys (maybe just under)

Its alright working for boots and yeah you have to work at least 2 bank holidays a year. Tip: if they ask you to an interview its a good idea to check out the store a few days before amd generally know where things are. They may ask you to find things :P

thanks for the tip :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JoshBedford
Work is work mate, as long as they're paying you the same, go for it!

fair enough... but dont want to be left in a uncomfortable situation being the only guy
Reply 6
Yeah, I've worked at both, worked with a good amount of guys at both. You won't be on your own.. these employers look to balance the gender of their workers anyways
I worked in Boots, its one of the better places to work. I was one of 3 guys there. Everyone looks after you and make sure your happy :smile: go for Boots. :smile:
Yeah, there are loads of guys who work in those places. A job is a job.
Reply 9
Yeah my ex worked at superdrugs. Emphasis on the ex.
Original post by sax100
fair enough... but dont want to be left in a uncomfortable situation being the only guy

It's far from an uncomfortable situation. It's actually pretty great :wink:
Don't let that put you off, I'd work on the makeup counter if I knew anything about makeup!
I'm one of only two guys at my current place of work out of 20 odd staff. They're mainly middle aged women though so I just get mothered really haha.

Bit of a non-issue really though. Just go for it.
How do I apply? Is it online or would it be better for me to go in store?

(For Boots & Superdrug)
Reply 13
Original post by natdooley
How do I apply? Is it online or would it be better for me to go in store?

(For Boots & Superdrug)

Depends on location tbh.. In London, online is the best option

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending