The Student Room Group

Citizen card help?

Hello, I'm new to this site so I don't really have a clue nor do I know if I'm even posting this to the right place, but whatever. Here goes nothing I guess.

I'm going to a music festival this year and I'm completely stuck on what ID to use. I'm 15 so I wouldn't be able a provisional drivers license and I haven't been abroad so I don't have a passport. Even if I did have a passport, I doubt my mum would let me take it out to a festival. I have considered a Citizen card but whenever I have mentioned it to someone, they don't have a clue what it is. I have researched what a 15 year old could use as ID and it said Citizen card would be the best option as it is quite cheap aswell. Does anyone know of Citizen cards and could give me some feedback on them? I have heard some people have had trouble getting into certain places trying to use them, which is what I'm most worried about.. Is there any other ID anyone could recommend which would allow a 15 year old to get into a festival. Thank you!! :smile: x
Original post by MegIsConfused
Hello, I'm new to this site so I don't really have a clue nor do I know if I'm even posting this to the right place, but whatever. Here goes nothing I guess.

I'm going to a music festival this year and I'm completely stuck on what ID to use. I'm 15 so I wouldn't be able a provisional drivers license and I haven't been abroad so I don't have a passport. Even if I did have a passport, I doubt my mum would let me take it out to a festival. I have considered a Citizen card but whenever I have mentioned it to someone, they don't have a clue what it is. I have researched what a 15 year old could use as ID and it said Citizen card would be the best option as it is quite cheap aswell. Does anyone know of Citizen cards and could give me some feedback on them? I have heard some people have had trouble getting into certain places trying to use them, which is what I'm most worried about.. Is there any other ID anyone could recommend which would allow a 15 year old to get into a festival. Thank you!! :smile: x

I had an 18+ Citizencard up until the age of 20 when I got a provisional license. It was accepted as ID at my university (Warwick) and the surrounding area for clubs and pubs.

I never used it for a festival or for clubs in London. It was turned away once at a pub in London on Christmas Eve when I was with my family and the guy said 'we don't accept that around here'. I think he was wrong - the text on the back reads:

"This CitizenCard contains the Proof of Age Standards Scheme (PASS) hologram approved by the UK Government, Police and Trading Standards, all UK retail associations and the SIA (Security Industry Authority). Door staff licensed by the SIA should accept this UV - marked CitizenCard as valid ID. If the card is not recognised as valid ID report the incident at [website].'

Basically, most of the time it is accepted and sometimes it is turned away. Always challenge them if they want to turn you away because it is valid ID. Maybe do some research on if the ID is generally accepted at festivals.

Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
If u live in Scotland a young Scot card will do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending