The Student Room Group

Leaving AA

Guys do you think I should leave AA, I just completed 10 hours of lessons for £220. But the instructor says his rate is £240 for 10 hours and he said I'll most likely need 30 more hours from the 10 I've already done.

My question is should I leave him for a cheaper one that cost around 190 £200 for 10 hours this will save me money in the long end, in total paying around 600 for 30 hours instead of 720 for 30 hours.

I would leave him without hesitation but I'm used to his car and everything, I don't wanna be a complete newb or be back square one again. Should I take the cheap route or continue.
Reply 1
Overall I would say it is more important to be with a driving instructor you feel comfortable with and who you feel is a good teacher who gives clear instructions. If you have a cheaper instructor he may not be as good and so you may end up needing more lessons so you still pay more so just make sure the cheaper instructor is as good as your original instructor before you change to them if you decide to do so you really are saving money.
Yeah the other cheap instructor is called FMDrivingschool(http://fmdrivingschool.co.uk) and my friend used him before. Also one more question I paid the aa first 10 hours fully through online payment. If I want to continue with the AA guy how would I pay the £240 for 10 hours? is it straight up cash in hand or is it paid online? sorry if I'm a little paranoid.
Reply 3
I used to pay online when i was with AA.
how though I thought you pay directly to the instructor? and I'm talking after you've done the prepaid 10 hours
Reply 5
Well i paid for 2 hours first online then purchased 10 hours online when i was happy with the instructor.
I asked him if i can pay him cash or do i do it all online he told me to do it online but i guess it changes by instructors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending