The Student Room Group

First overall, but final year re-sit?

Hi,

I have just finished my LLB degree and classification for the degree is calculated by taking one 2nd year module (highest grade you achieve) and three 3rd(final) year modules. I have received my results today and I have achieved over 70% overall in the relevant modules that count towards my overall calculation.

However, I have also got 36% in one of my four modules this year and it states that I have to re-sit it. However, I will speak to my tutors on Monday and discuss the situation with them in more depth as to whether I have to re-take it based on the fact that i have technically achieved a first class degree.

In the meantime though, do you think my lecturers will consider me not having to do the re-sit considering its my first one in the course? I'm also a little bit disappointed as I hoped I would at least get a pass considering I have very high grades thus far, so maybe they might take that into consideration.

If I do have to re-sit the exam, I know I will be capped but hopefully I will still have a first class degree. Will there be any other problems with the fact that I will only have 40% in this module then?

Really appreciate any help you can offer until I speak to my lecturers next week. Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kenway
Hi,

I have just finished my LLB degree and classification for the degree is calculated by taking one 2nd year module (highest grade you achieve) and three 3rd(final) year modules. I have received my results today and I have achieved over 70% overall in the relevant modules that count towards my overall calculation.

However, I have also got 36% in one of my four modules this year and it states that I have to re-sit it. However, I will speak to my tutors on Monday and discuss the situation with them in more depth as to whether I have to re-take it based on the fact that i have technically achieved a first class degree.

In the meantime though, do you think my lecturers will consider me not having to do the re-sit considering its my first one in the course? I'm also a little bit disappointed as I hoped I would at least get a pass considering I have very high grades thus far, so maybe they might take that into consideration.

If I do have to re-sit the exam, I know I will be capped but hopefully I will still have a first class degree. Will there be any other problems with the fact that I will only have 40% in this module then?

Really appreciate any help you can offer until I speak to my lecturers next week. Thanks.

I don't know what uni you go to but your classification system seems VERY lenient as it is. I expect their policy is that you must pass all modules - I know that was the case at mine. If you still have a first class degree I imagine the only problem will be when you send transcripts to firms/chambers (if that's the route you intend to go down) but having a first obviously might outweigh that, unless it's a very important module.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending