Forgiven partner for cheating - still scared.

Watch
NeverBroken
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So my partner and I have been together for almost 2 years now. We went through a rough patch where problems outside of the relationship had an impact on our personal lives, and led to us arguing and albeit wrongly, blaming each other.

My partner recently told me they kissed a couple of people when they were drunk, but their honesty and attitude meant I found it easy to forgive them.

My only problem is I don't know if it's going to happen again, as I want to believe it won't, but after pushing them away before I'm scared I may unintentionally do it again due to my own messed up circumstances.

On top of this one of the people they kissed is lurking around and stalking us both online. I'm not sure what to do.

All I know is I'm in love.
username1308602
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Only you know if you can carry on with the relationship. Was this incident a one-off and a consequence of circumstances at the time or do you feel that they're not to trust anymore? Ultimately it comes down to how you feel about it and whatever you decide, your feelings are completely reasonable and acceptable considering what has happened.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This ultimately comes down to you. You say you've forgiven him but have you really?

Trust is a hard thing to gain, even harder after they've lost it once.
Tcool
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
a "couple" of people...thats bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed