The Student Room Group

Haircut of doom

Never trust a new "barber" they will certainly make a mess out of your hair asked them for a fade short back and sides. Ended up with the haircut of doom basically baldness look like 45 yr old man now. My hairline has also gone back a few notches guess im not going out anytime soon:mad:

Barber: How does it look?
Me: Oh, great thanks

15 minutes later on the verge of crying

Does this happen to anyone else?
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Cat
Never trust a new "barber" they will certainly make a mess out of your hair asked them for a fade short back and sides. Ended up with the haircut of doom basically baldness look like 45 yr old man now. My hairline has also gone back a few notches guess im not going out anytime soon:mad:

Yes I've gone from looking your typical 17 year old guy to looking like the president of North Korea in a matter of minutes. Nevertheless, I said its "great" to the barber

Yup happened to me too. I asked for a quick trim and ended up looking like a very butch lesbian. Whats more when she asked me I said it was lovely and then gave her a tip!

I wore a hat for two weeks after that.

The only thing I can say is that it will grow:frown:
Reply 3
Haha this always happens to me. When I was little I cut my own hair so I wouldnt have to go :ㅂ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by coldhell
Yes I've gone from looking your typical 17 year old guy to looking like the president of North Korea in a matter of minutes. Nevertheless, I said its "great" to the barber

if there were not such a contrast between sides and top, this would be a good haircut. most 17 year olds have a more extreme version of this cut anyway, so what are you on about?
(edited 9 years ago)

be glad that your natural hairline is good. some people have to walk around with that tear-worthy attribute 24/7.
Reply 6
Original post by dire wolf
be glad that your natural hairline is good. some people have to walk around with that tear-worthy attribute 24/7.

At least he has hair...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

Happened to me lmao. Normally i just go for a "trim" so I said cut a bit off the top make it look sharp. My guy ends up giving me a number 2 and I end up looking like a monk. Cried afterward :cry2: But had to wear a hat to cover up :lol:
Original post by dire wolf
if there were not such a contrast between sides and top, this would be a good haircut. most 17 year olds have a more extreme version of this cut anyway, so what are you on about?

I was exaggerating obviously. And yeah! Some of them have this 'fusey' haircut which I do not particularly like and I always say to the barber to cut only few inches then ended up cutting more :/ but oh well haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dilsz
Happened to me lmao. Normally i just go for a "trim" so I said cut a bit off the top make it look sharp. My guy ends up giving me a number 2 and I end up looking like a monk. Cried afterward :cry2: But had to wear a hat to cover up :lol:

You cried because your haircut turned out bad? :lolwut:
Bless You.....
Reply 10
Original post by Hellcat12
You cried because your haircut turned out bad? :lolwut:
Bless You.....

It's a big thing to me lmao... to make it worse I had to go home by bus and it was just super embarrassing >_<
Original post by Dilsz
It's a big thing to me lmao... to make it worse I had to go home by bus and it was just super embarrassing >_<

My mother used to get my head shaved as soon as summer holidays started, since it's a tradition as it thickens the hair, making them grow faster. I suffered this torment till Grade 6, what can be more embarrassing for a girl, going to school with a Pixie hair cut and looking like a scrawny boy....
Now I have hair till my thighs, but still my friends wouldn't stop taking the Mickey out of it.

And you say, your experience is super embarrassing.:rolleyes:
Reply 12
Original post by Hellcat12
My mother used to get my head shaved as soon as summer holidays started, since it's a tradition as it thickens the hair, making them grow faster. I suffered this torment till Grade 6, what can be more embarrassing for a girl, going to school with a Pixie hair cut and looking like a scrawny boy....
Now I have hair till my thighs, but still my friends wouldn't stop taking the Mickey out of it.

And you say, your experience is super embarrassing.:rolleyes:

Oh wow when you put it like that what happened to me is nothing xD But hey, atleast you have super thick amazing hair now. :giggle:

This happened to my friend a few weeks ago...

She ask for a trim... She got 4 inches taken off! She went home and cried :eek:

I screamed at her asking why she didn't say anything! Hmm... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Your fault. Should've yelled at him, make him salvage it, and then refuse to pay.

Never trust a new "barber" they will certainly make a mess out of your hair asked them for a fade short back and sides.

Ever heard of punctuation?
Reply 15
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil

Ever heard of punctuation?

You can read right? :wink:
Reply 16

This exact same thing happened to me about 3 hours ago. Went in for the same haircut 1.5 on top fade the sides. Walked out with a high top, my hairline back an inch and a small patch of hair on my chin. I also have what can only be described as mutton chops.

It's weird how you can give two barbers the exact same set of instructions and see what they come up with.
Reply 17
Original post by Jack XY
This exact same thing happened to me about 3 hours ago. Went in for the same haircut 1.5 on top fade the sides. Walked out with a high top, my hairline back an inch and a small patch of hair on my chin. I also have what can only be described as mutton chops.

It's weird how you can give two barbers the exact same set of instructions and see what they come up with.

The barber probably didn't pay attention to anything you said sometimes they just go with whatever they want to do. Mine didn't even know how to cut a low fade properly just left everything in even length.

Had worse though :tongue:
Reply 18
The barber probably didn't pay attention to anything you said sometimes they just go with whatever they want to do. Mine didn't even know how to cut a low fade properly just left everything in even length.

Had worse though :tongue:

Yeah he clearly didn't give a damn and decided to get creative. I've also had worse. I remember a few years back I had a new guy and the plastic part of the clipper fell off and he gave me a bald patch on top. In the end the guy had to pretty much shave my head.
Reply 19
Original post by Jack XY
Yeah he clearly didn't give a damn and decided to get creative. I've also had worse. I remember a few years back I had a new guy and the plastic part of the clipper fell off and he gave me a bald patch on top. In the end the guy had to pretty much shave my head.

I don't think it can get any worse than that really been close to bald myself once and it was horrendous my barber decided to give me a grade 0. I was like 15 as well and my dad actually told the barber to shave it all off too.

Quick Reply

Latest