Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Is it ok to ask career questions on here? I would really appreciate a reply, as at the moment im in the process of completely changing my career plan.

I had orginally planned to study medicine after getting 5a's and 6a*'s. Despite the fact i had a year of school due to illness. It was the determination to succeed that kept me going.
    I am completely aware that grades are your responsbiility, however for AS i didnt get the grades i needed, due to problems througout the year with teaching, and very big class sizes, as the school is very under funded. As i say i appreciate that these are by no means extenuating circumstances.
    However after much thought, i decided to resit my AS levels doing different subjects, as i would like to pursue a career in Law. Which i knew deep down i would be better at. My question is, if u ve completely changed your subjects are u still considered a resit candidate ( sorry if its a stupid question). Also if i get AS: AAAAA and A2:AAAA coupled with a good LNAT score and personal statement. Would i be considered for law at any university? I am really commited and determined to succeed, but i would really appreciate any advice. Thank u.
    Many regards, any comments gratefully received,
    nadezhda

ReputationRep:
    Ask A Mod is for questions about the site and moderation issues, I'm going to move this to the law forum.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou Acaila..I'm sorry new here, didnt know quite where to put it!

ReputationRep:
    No problemo, I realised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esperanza)
    Hi,
    Also if i get AS: AAAAA and A2:AAAA coupled with a good LNAT score and personal statement. Would i be considered for law at any university? I am really commited and determined to succeed

Esperanza
    Of course. You sound like an ideal candidate. As to the resits I would e-mail the universities in question but generally I don't think, given that you took a fresh set of subjects, that this would be an important issue or one that would hinder your application in any significant way.

Also, well done for tackling a difficult situation and coming out of it with such great results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esperanza)
    Hi,
    Is it ok to ask career questions on here? I would really appreciate a reply, as at the moment im in the process of completely changing my career plan.

I had orginally planned to study medicine after getting 5a's and 6a*'s. Despite the fact i had a year of school due to illness. It was the determination to succeed that kept me going.
    I am completely aware that grades are your responsbiility, however for AS i didnt get the grades i needed, due to problems througout the year with teaching, and very big class sizes, as the school is very under funded. As i say i appreciate that these are by no means extenuating circumstances.
    However after much thought, i decided to resit my AS levels doing different subjects, as i would like to pursue a career in Law. Which i knew deep down i would be better at. My question is, if u ve completely changed your subjects are u still considered a resit candidate ( sorry if its a stupid question). Also if i get AS: AAAAA and A2:AAAA coupled with a good LNAT score and personal statement. Would i be considered for law at any university? I am really commited and determined to succeed, but i would really appreciate any advice. Thank u.
    Many regards, any comments gratefully received,
    Esperanza
    Hey,

I resat my first year of AS because I knew I could do better and it didn't hinder my prospects to do law. This is due to a) working really hard and b) writing an exceptional PS. I came from getting DDU at AS-level, starting all over again and going on to get AAC at A-Level. I didn't meet my 1st choice offer however my insurance for QM was made unconditional previously (I had no idea!) which just goes to show that if a uni sees something, they want it!
    In all honesty though, I worked so so so so hard and it was a constant struggle to do a third year because it becomes very hard to motivate yourself especially when you get stressed. As long as you keep at it, you'll be fine: look towards long-term goals

God Bless,

Root

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.