The Student Room Group

GCSE Drama Edexcel?

Im in year 10 doing gcse drama and we recently moved from wjec to edexcel
Does anyone have tips on the course, asi just started it so year 11 will be cramming everything basically
Im not amazing at the acting side but I really want to get an A in it. The course is 60% coursework though I think
How hard is it to get an A?
And im starting unit 2, any tips or help?
Thanks
Reply 1
Hey. I'm in year 11& I did Edexcel Drama. I think that the best advice I could give you is to write up your coursework pieces as soon as you get them. My class got lazy and didn't bother to hand in the written work on time, which was bad as that we forgot all the work we done previously (you often have to comment on your performance and other groups) and struggled to write about it.

With the practical aspects just rehearse as much as possible. The final exam (where the examiner watches) will be so much better if you know what you're doing as you'll feel more confident and the examiner will be able to see that.

Good luck & feel free to ask me any questions :smile:
Original post by CBftw
Hey. I'm in year 11& I did Edexcel Drama. I think that the best advice I could give you is to write up your coursework pieces as soon as you get them. My class got lazy and didn't bother to hand in the written work on time, which was bad as that we forgot all the work we done previously (you often have to comment on your performance and other groups) and struggled to write about it.

With the practical aspects just rehearse as much as possible. The final exam (where the examiner watches) will be so much better if you know what you're doing as you'll feel more confident and the examiner will be able to see that.

Good luck & feel free to ask me any questions :smile:

Well were doing unit 2 now where we have to evaluate a live performance, but i found the write up is a lot different to how you would in english ect? Any advice or example pargraphs would be great, Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by studentscience04
Well were doing unit 2 now where we have to evaluate a live performance, but i found the write up is a lot different to how you would in english ect? Any advice or example pargraphs would be great, Thanks

We was given the textbook to help us with this as it contained a writing structure. But you basically had to write a paragraph on each aspect of the performance.

e.g: costume, staging, acting etc. & mention the effect it had on yourself & other members of the audience. Also comment on if you thought they used certain things effectively.

Quick Reply

Latest