Reading Festival question Watch

*claire_med*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Just wondering from people that have been before what hot food is sold at reading?is it really expensive?and is it disgusting? thanks for any help on this
x
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In the arena, it's like chips, burgers, pizzas etc. There's a bit of everything really! It is very expensive. 500ml bottled drinks are £2, but I can't remember the food prices. Some of it is disgusting, some is ok. There are hundreds of different vans, so if you think one looks dodgy go somewhere else.
*claire_med*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
In the arena, it's like chips, burgers, pizzas etc. There's a bit of everything really! It is very expensive. 500ml bottled drinks are £2, but I can't remember the food prices. Some of it is disgusting, some is ok. There are hundreds of different vans, so if you think one looks dodgy go somewhere else.
Thanks so much for your help Can u take in alcohol if u bring it in plastic bottles. Any good tips for a first time camper?
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't camp near the toilets, or hedges (they become toilets). Practise putting tent up in garden before you go.

You're not supposed to take alcohol into the arena, but it's fine in the campoing area. However, I've seen that girls don't really tend to get searched so you'd probably be fine. Or mix it with coke and pretend it's plain coke, pretend the vodka is water etc.
MissHero
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The food is mainly fast food, but there's a petrol station where you can pick up supplies across the road from the site, or the town centre is a fairly short distance too. Alcohol is fine on site, worth a try getting it into the arena because it's much more expensive inside if not!
doublex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've been at Leeds fest the last two years, every time you go into the arena you are body searched, and any bags you are carrying are searched. If you have any opened bottles, they must be emptied before you can go in. So theres no pretending its 'just water' I'm afraid

I don't remember it being that expensive for a pint of carling in the arena though, but I didn't often drink throughout the day, normally just after the music at night.
HighlyEvolved
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hope this helps. in my opinion the food isnt half bad.
sluggabed
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HighlyEvolved)
hope this helps. in my opinion the food isnt half bad.
urgh...think i might take some fruit/veg with me..even if it's just some dried apricots!

don't think my system can hack 4 days of fast food..:rolleyes:
doublex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The best thing to do is to buy food from the onsite supermarket. Then you don't have to eat crap, and it doesn't cost a fortune.
Although you do have to queue....
punkskamonkey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by doublex)
I've been at Leeds fest the last two years, every time you go into the arena you are body searched, and any bags you are carrying are searched. If you have any opened bottles, they must be emptied before you can go in. So theres no pretending its 'just water' I'm afraid
Really? I was at Reading last year, but most times when I was going into the arena I had an opened bottle of water with me, and they smelled it a few times to check it was just water, but let me take it in with me.

Will be going to Leeds this year instead, its not a huge problem if you can't take water in anyway as there are taps inside the arena, just a minor inconvenience really.
Decent_Jam
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by punkskamonkey)
Really? I was at Reading last year, but most times when I was going into the arena I had an opened bottle of water with me, and they smelled it a few times to check it was just water, but let me take it in with me.

Will be going to Leeds this year instead, its not a huge problem if you can't take water in anyway as there are taps inside the arena, just a minor inconvenience really.
Mate of mine took 500 ml of Vodka in a water bottle clearly visable in his pocket more than once at Reading, don't worry about it too much. I was helping someone roll some green and a police/security guy walked right past n didn't notice so yeah its not the tightest security ever.

Not that I condone or use drugs in any way, that instance was the closest I've been to drugs actually, clean as a whistle

Camping, erm, tbh I camped close to the loos last time and yeah avoid it if you can but it's not the end of the world if you end up kinda close, you get used to it lol. If you don't go around looking for trouble u'll be fine hehe.

I was thinking about getting walkie talkies lol, dunno if they'll work or not, mobiles often don't cos of sheer network pressure.
doublex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I guess I must just look suspect or something...
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've got in with vodka in plastic bottle before.
mc_hamster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Most meals are about £6 and they do have a stall that sells fruit.
beff...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *claire_med*)
Just wondering from people that have been before what hot food is sold at reading?is it really expensive?and is it disgusting? thanks for any help on this
x
hhahah i was just reading this thread, didn't realise it was yooou who started it!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The being searched thing seems to depend when you go in. Like if you're in the mad rush as soon as the gates open, they don't really search as the queue is too long. And if you go in just before the main act goes on stage, it's too late for them to be bothered.

But if you go in at a quieter time, they may search you, although they never seem to bother with girls.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Decent_Jam)
I was thinking about getting walkie talkies lol, dunno if they'll work or not, mobiles often don't cos of sheer network pressure.
They work, but you need expensive ones to actually be able to talk on them as everyone else will be on the same frequency as you. We spent hours on the walkie talkies pissing people off who were trying to communicate with their friends at Download
dameythemagikmonk
Report 12 years ago
Apart from food/drink stuff, what else is needed to bring. Never camped before
HighlyEvolved
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nothing much, something warm to wear at night as it gets F'ing freezing. a toothbrush is always necessary. some stupid clothes to get yourslef into the festival spirit.
Mad Vlad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dameythemagikmonk)
Apart from food/drink stuff, what else is needed to bring. Never camped before
Well... a tent is a good start.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed