Cracking the accommodation code Watch

Mkali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Okay, I really do need some help deciphering what these numbers actually mean.

Also, because the prices seemed to have changed, how can I tell if this room has particular facilities or not (e.g./ washbasin)

TH.01.25.B

It's for Whitworth Park, Thorncliffe House (I'm guessing that's the TH but from then on I'm stumped)

unlucky
Report 12 years ago
I was wondering about this for hulme hall it says Annual rent is £3771 or £3519 (in the accommodation brochure) but i'm being charged £4197 which i dont really understand (stated on some pdf they sent me).
Waqar786
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mkali)
Okay, I really do need some help deciphering what these numbers actually mean.

Also, because the prices seemed to have changed, how can I tell if this room has particular facilities or not (e.g./ washbasin)

TH.01.25.B

It's for Whitworth Park, Thorncliffe House (I'm guessing that's the TH but from then on I'm stumped)

I;m not sure but I think TH.01.25.B means
TH - Thorncliffe House
01 - Flat Number
25 - Room Number
B - The Block or Floor that you're on

I think it's something like that. Cos mine looked something like that on my Grosvenor Place accommodation letter and I rang them up and asked them what it meant. Not too syre though if it means the same for your hall but hope it helped
Waqar786
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by unlucky)
I was wondering about this for hulme hall it says Annual rent is £3771 or £3519 (in the accommodation brochure) but i'm being charged £4197 which i dont really understand (stated on some pdf they sent me).
Prices have gone up for 2006/2007. Mine was meant to be £60 per week and they're charging me £64 per week. I think it's with most halls.
Sarritichi
Report 12 years ago
The House, Flat, Room bit is right, but I'm guessing B is basin?
norelle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd guess:

TH - Thorncliffe House
01 - Floor
25 - Flat number
B - Room number (okay, letter)

I'm certain B doesn't stand for "basin".
helloworld
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
that doesnt make sense because im in richmond park and mine says W. 1 .8.28.244 - what can the 244 stand for?? i know im in willow court and thats it!
~Rogue~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe the 244 is your room number. It sound more plausible.

W is for Willow maybe? I'm just guessing here
[Napoletana]
Report 12 years ago
Also I don't know who we're supposed to send what to! It's really confusing. How many copies of the acceptance letter do we need to print?..Do I have to send one to the Hall and one to the address on the letter? Help someone please ^_^ xx
alexandra_daly
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by [Napoletana])
Also I don't know who we're supposed to send what to! It's really confusing. How many copies of the acceptance letter do we need to print?..Do I have to send one to the Hall and one to the address on the letter? Help someone please ^_^ xx
You need to print 2 copies off, keep one yourself and send one to the address of the office on the letter and they will make sure your hall of residence knows you want that room. Ali xx
[Napoletana]
Report 12 years ago
Thanks Ali!

Where are you staying then? xx
alexandra_daly
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks Ali!

Where are you staying then? xx
Im staying in Whitworth Park (Garstang House). How about you?
[Napoletana]
Report 12 years ago
Oak House - Beech Court.

I'm really excited ! What are you studying? - I'm doing Criminology and Sociology

x
alexandra_daly
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oak House - Beech Court.

I'm really excited ! What are you studying? - I'm doing Criminology and Sociology

x
I'm doing French and German (MML) I can't wait
graffiti3000
Report 12 years ago
MI5 can't even figure these out. Its something you can look forward to finding out when you get there
alexandra_daly
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think ive worked out the Whitworth park one because mine is GA.01.08.60 GA is Garstang house and i'm presuming 01 is building/block number, 8 is flat number and 60 is room number because if there are 7-9 people per flat and i'm in flat 8 then a room number of 60 would make sense..
Mkali
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Thanks guys ^_^

I still have no clue, so I emailed the accommodation office ^_^ hehe
bobndave
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mkali - did the accom office ever reply to your email? And if so, did they explain how the code works?
trihhoang
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bobndave)
Mkali - did the accom office ever reply to your email? And if so, did they explain how the code works?
Yes they do, but probably due to high emails (or being too lazy) they takes a while to reply. Sometimes more than a week.
bobndave
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by trihhoang)
Sometimes more than a week.
:eek: Looks like accomodation is going to be a surprise for most people then! I hope there are lots staff there to direct us to the right place!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed