Nadine_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How has industry decline caused sites(Brownfield) to become derelict?

And what are the problems with dereliction ad deprivation?
Neuth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nadine_08)
How has industry decline caused sites(Brownfield) to become derelict?

And what are the problems with dereliction ad deprivation?
Have you tried googling this? I'm sure you'd find lots of information.

We can't do your coursework for you, so why don't you try looking online, or asking other people you know (friends or your teacher), who'll probably know the exact answers
behindblueglass
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey op,
Urban Geography is a tricky one.

I'm no expert but, I'd say.
Industry decline leads to a loss of jobs, this will mean less pull factors for people to move into the area or stay. More people will move away from the area in search of more job opportunities. The area will fall into decline, so less companies will want to invest and set up businesses in the area, this means the sites that were previously industrial will no longer be in use. Some local governments and councils do provide tax incentives to draw investors into the area and jump start the economy, but it is a circle.
Dereliction means many houses.buildings are left and aren't maintained this can lead to poor infrastructure and a loss of visual aesthetics. Less people will want to move to the area. Regeneration can be used improve and area and make it more appealing.
Deprivation means lacking the basic necessities and infrastructure to live a good quality of life, in areas were there is high deprivation, basic services such as waste removal, access to clean water and transport are poorly implemented or simply not there. This can lead to problems such as disease, dehydration and inability to access jobs. There is a cycle of deprivation which I've attached.

Good luck

Name:  londoninequalityfig12.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  31.1 KB
Nadine_08
Rep:
?
(Original post by behindblueglass)
Hey op,
Urban Geography is a tricky one.

I'm no expert but, I'd say.
Industry decline leads to a loss of jobs, this will mean less pull factors for people to move into the area or stay. More people will move away from the area in search of more job opportunities. The area will fall into decline, so less companies will want to invest and set up businesses in the area, this means the sites that were previously industrial will no longer be in use. Some local governments and councils do provide tax incentives to draw investors into the area and jump start the economy, but it is a circle.
Dereliction means many houses.buildings are left and aren't maintained this can lead to poor infrastructure and a loss of visual aesthetics. Less people will want to move to the area. Regeneration can be used improve and area and make it more appealing.
Deprivation means lacking the basic necessities and infrastructure to live a good quality of life, in areas were there is high deprivation, basic services such as waste removal, access to clean water and transport are poorly implemented or simply not there. This can lead to problems such as disease, dehydration and inability to access jobs. There is a cycle of deprivation which I've attached.

Good luck

Name:  londoninequalityfig12.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  31.1 KB
Thank you so much. I couldn't find anything on the internet and I haven't learnt about this in class at all.Thank you
behindblueglass
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nadine_08)
Thank you so much. I couldn't find anything on the internet and I haven't learnt about this in class at all.Thank you
Not a problem, if you get stuck message me, I've just finished my A levels and am dying of bordem :L
Nadine_08
Rep:
?
(Original post by behindblueglass)
Not a problem, if you get stuck message me, I've just finished my A levels and am dying of bordem :L
Thanks, I will do x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (206)
33.28%
No (413)
66.72%

Watched Threads