The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Is anyone starting PGCE Primary at Chester sept 2014?

Hi! Is anyone starting the PGCE course at Chester in September 2014?
Is anyone looking for private accommodation rather than halls?
Original post by lucyfoote
Hi! Is anyone starting the PGCE course at Chester in September 2014?
Is anyone looking for private accommodation rather than halls?

heyy! I'm starting the early years pgce at Chester in September, not really looking for accommodation because i've moved back in with my parents (nightmare) so I can try and save money. :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh cool! Are you excited to start? My friends from my uni at the moment have all moved home too!
Reply 3
Hey there, I'm starting the primary course in September too! Looking for private accommodation. I've found one place but not sure I could afford it on my own. Probably looking for 1 or 2 other people who might want to share a flat. (I do have a miniature dachshund who would be living with me). Here's the link for the flat: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/32960115 . If anyone is interested, let me know! Excited for September!!
Oh cool! Are you excited to start? My friends from my uni at the moment have all moved home too!

i thought i'd replied to this but obviously haven't sorry. yeah i'm dead excited to start, nervous too but more excited just can't wait to finish work now aha :smile:
Reply 5
That's alright! Yeah I know the feeling! Are you going to the pre-induction day?
That's alright! Yeah I know the feeling! Are you going to the pre-induction day?

yeah I managed to get the day off work woo, are you? Did you get the email today with the info about the residential and stuff? and the voluntary essay wompp I've been trying to force myself to start it this week....
Reply 7
Yeah I'm going to the pre-induction day too! Noooo :frown: I haven't received any email about that! What was the email address that sent that?
Argh I know… I thought about that essay today thinking I should start soon too.. effort!
Reply 8
I am! Nice to finally meet some people on here who are. I was thinking about this residential. I'm so scared though. Feel like I'm back at school! Where are you guys coming from?
Reply 9
Hey :smile: I know! I'm definitely going to go though because I don't want to miss out on anything! Are you going to go? I'm from southampton what about you? X
Reply 10
Hey :smile: I know! I'm definitely going to go though because I don't want to miss out on anything! Are you going to go? I'm from southampton what about you? X

Yeah. Although I think I'm going to wait until after the induction day to pay for it :smile: I'm from manchester. I'm commuting but at the moment I've not decided which way will be the cheapest haha. Are you moving down? X
Reply 11
Ah that's cool! I haven't paid for it yet either. Yeah! Luckily found someone else starting our course who's looking for accommodation! I hope the induction day is alright, starting to feel nervous for it now! X
Reply 12
Ah that's cool! I haven't paid for it yet either. Yeah! Luckily found someone else starting our course who's looking for accommodation! I hope the induction day is alright, starting to feel nervous for it now! X

I know. It's mad. My friends who've done pgces all tell me how important it is to make friends because you need the support as well. So much pressure haha. I've found one person on here and added on Facebook so I at least kind of know someone and can meet up with them and be nervous together haha. You should add her and me and then a group of us will at least have people to sit with haha. I'm thinking I should have moved but I don't think I could afford it and my boyfriends here so I'd be constantly bak and forth. Hoping they stick to their word and find a placement more manchester way than Chester but I won't know until really last minute

I teach at a tuition centre and loads of the kids said they've been to kingsway and how good it is X
Reply 13
Yeah I completely agree that's exactly what my friend said and she's just finished hers!
I'm hoping to make as many friends as possible as I don't know anyone! Yeh fingers crossed they will do that for you!
That sounds like a plan, add me I'm lucy Sarah on fb (same profile pic as this one).
Oh good! Hopefully we will all bond there! X
Yeah I'm going to the pre-induction day too! Noooo :frown: I haven't received any email about that! What was the email address that sent that?
Argh I know… I thought about that essay today thinking I should start soon too.. effort!

what's your email? I can forward it to you if you like?
Reply 15
Original post by Frances_Parry
what's your email? I can forward it to you if you like?

Don't worry I emailed them the other day to get it! Thank you though!! x
Reply 16
I'm starting the pgce primary in September too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending