Turn on thread page Beta

Would this be tolerated in uni halls? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    At school i have managed to hide a plasma TV and mini-sky plus digibox in my bedsit :P ... we're not technically allowed TVs in our rooms.

I sure hope I can take all my stuff with me to Uni though ... apparently some Unis ban fridges (!! .. crazy, allowed them at school!), and won't allow you to use extension cords -- I couldn't survive without at least 8 power sockets.

they give us a fridge?? and i have 4 extention leads...

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    they give us a fridge?? and i have 4 extention leads...

love Katy ***
    we have one fridge in the kitchen, but the guy who lives opposite me has a small beer fridge in his room, its well good

ReputationRep:
    my resident tutor/guy im in love with has one bigger than yours :P and yeah, ive seen loads of the guys with hyge stero's.

love Katy ***
    Bet you like twiddling with their knobs eh?

ReputationRep:
    Very nice stereo system - bit of Nirvana, RHCP will do nicely on that - maybe RATM if you're feeling brave oh how i miss my rock music

ReputationRep:
    im getting a guinea pig sunday will he b alowed to live in the halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    im getting a guinea pig sunday will he b alowed to live in the halls?
    no.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    no.

love Katy ***
    thats really unfair ....
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    thats really unfair ....
    Why?

They don't allow any pets (even goldfish) in 99% of uni halls.

I don't see how not allowing a guinea pig is unfair?

If you allow fish someone will bring along a massive tropical marine aquarium.
    If you allow small rodents people will bring rabbits (and it really is NOT fair to confine an animal like a rabbit or guinea pig to a room the size of most hall rooms.
    If you allow rabbits/guinea pigs then someone will bring a small dog or cat.

Pets + students is not a good combination....most freshers have enough trouble looking after themselves nevermind looking after a living animal.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.