Eligibility...college fees...what? Watch

Star_crossed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I just remembered (yes, I am highly organised) that I was meant to send 'proof of my eligibility' as a UK student to Cambridge by September 11 so that I don't have to pay college fees. I still have no idea what this is about or how I'm meant to do it! I'll probably phone Kent LEA and see if they can tell me...but can any Cambridge type people explain it to me at all? Thanks!
*Liana*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't remember having that deadline... then again, I was asked to send a copy of my student support notification from my LEA (which I think was the one that actually said what they were going to loan me) to my college a while ago, which sort of proves I'm a Home student.
Toxic Kitten
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I was told to send the student support notification too. You get it when your LEA finally finishes processing your application. That will probably be what they meant.

I didn't have a deadline, although I might phone up Robinson at some point cos my LEA still hasn't done mine. The LEAs reaction when I phoned was 'we've got loads to do, we'll get to yours eventually' :rolleyes:. They've had it since April.
Trolley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, mine hasn't either, what if the LEA doesn't get to it in time?
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Trolley)
Yes, mine hasn't either, what if the LEA doesn't get to it in time?
If it gets to within a few days of the deadline and yours still hasn't arrived, call your college (probably you will want to speak to the bursary) and tell them this. Have your LEA's contact number to hand so you can give it to the bursary if they want to speak to them directly. As long as you keep them informed of what is going on, they won't start charging you extortionate amounts.
bob_54321
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmm, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to submit it on the deadline at the end of june . . . ah well.
Trolley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Stimmt
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads