?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Anyone...?
Luvbug
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well Smile is an internet one so for purposes of seeing someone about your money/complaining etc it wou be easier to go with RBS. Besides RBS give you a £2500 overdraft and more crucially they don't charge you the earth if you run over it. In fact they don't charge you at all! If you want a savings account go with a proper savings account rather than a normal bank account; you can do better than 3.04% AER Interest! I hope that helps.
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Anyone know RBS Student Account's interest rate...?
Steeeeevo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
Anyone know RBS Student Account's interest rate...?
http://www.rbs.co.uk/Personal_Financ...y/sy_rates.htm
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
So interest rate and overdraft system that Smile offers is better than what RBS offers...
Steeeeevo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
So interest rate and overdraft system that Smile offers is better than what RBS offers...
Yeah, but for that you get no branch, no student freebies and if anything goes wrong it can be difficult to see someone about it. TBH, if you open a normal online savings account (would probably be better to shop around) and don’t blow your interest free overdraft you would probably be better with the RBS student account, especially seeing as how using an online account is much easier when you have an account within a branch to use as a go between for money transfers.
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Just did a bit of research...and it looks like Natwest is better than both Smile and RBS...Natwest's rail card will come in handy...and their interest rate matches that of Smile...
Montrose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
HSBC are also doing a 10 free CDs offer. Most people go with HSBC or Natwest. I am just staying with RBS because my account is with them anyway and they're upgrading it to a student account without me having to do anything. I'm lazy.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Smile's part of the Co-Op group, so you can do most branch stuff with the Co-Operative bank. They have considerably fewer branches than most banks though, so if you plan on using bank branches a lot, Smile might not be the greatest idea.
Gosnold
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I've been with RBS for ages and they have always been so helpful that i havent even considered moving. its not always about the freebies and rates its also about how helpful your bank is gonna be if you get into trouble RBS rocks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (50)
26.74%
No (137)
73.26%

Watched Threads