Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I have an unconditional offer then can I just accept it? I dont wanna bother waiting for my other replies, cos I dont wanna go there, and if they can't be bothered to decide - they said i'd find out 5 days after my interview which was in February!!!! - then can i just phone up ucas an say that I want to cancel it and just accept my unconditional?? An I dont have to put an insurance right??.. that would just b crazy!

Ou of interest, how many ppl have got unconditional offers, cos I didnt realise they really existed, i thought they were really rare, but do lots of ppl get them, an if not.. then how have i ended up getting one!! I was definatley not expecting one - i'm not even that clever!!

I'm happy tho! lol, dont get me wrong.. i'm not complaining!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thats good, thanks

Can i reply to my offers online? it looks like it says i can, but i dunno how.. can i just like click on something to say yes I want this place??

ReputationRep:
    just send the cancelation form that's in the back of the ucas book they give you. It will cancel all your outstanding applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hester)
    Ok, thats good, thanks

Can i reply to my offers online? it looks like it says i can, but i dunno how.. can i just like click on something to say yes I want this place??
    It'll appear once your other choices have been decided, whether that's an offer, rejection or cancellation by you or whatnot.

ReputationRep:
    I cancelled my Southampton application because I couldn't be bothered to go there for an interview and didn't wanna go there. Just emailed them ! God you're SO lucky to have an unconditional offer. That must be a weight off your shoulders. I'm gonna struggle to get my grades

ReputationRep:
    Out of the 6 places I applied to I got one rejection, one conditional and four unconditionals. However I am on a gap year whilst taking some AS's kind of thing and to get an Unconditional when you're doing your A2's is extremley impressive

ReputationRep:
    Really?? I'm doing my A levels atm, an I just can't understand why i got one.. my predicted grades are ABB, i think i can get AAB, but i dunno.. its a weight off my shoulders yes.. but why did I get one!! lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Really?? I'm doing my A levels atm, an I just can't understand why i got one.. my predicted grades are ABB, i think i can get AAB, but i dunno.. its a weight off my shoulders yes.. but why did I get one!! lol
    It does seem a little strange when you haven't got your A2s yet..what course is it for?

ReputationRep:
    I got unconditional offerfor KCL last year, and I know someone else who got one for Aberdeen,both pre-Qual. It's fairly unusual but not all that rare.

ReputationRep:
    I had all unconditional offers, but that's because I've already completed my A Levels. 0_o

I'm not sure if you can make your decision before getting all your replies, I don't think you can but it doesn't really matter, if they've given you an unconditional offer they're not going to give your place away before you've had the chance to reply! But if you want to cancel your other offers so you can make your decision now, you'll have to get in contact with the Unis in question

ReputationRep:
    well done on getting an unconditional offer. they are extremely rare when you are still doing your A2's. what course have you applied for and which uni was it?

ReputationRep:
    Graphic design at Falmouth College of Arts

They must have really liked me. I didnt think i'd get an offer even cos most art colleges want you to do this one year foundation course. I didnt even get an a at a/s level for art.. i'm predicted one now.. but this art college is really good, number 3 or 4 in the country.. i just dunno why.. i guess they liked me, an that makes a change!

ReputationRep:
    Graphic design at Falmouth College of Arts

They must have really liked me. I didnt think i'd get an offer even cos most art colleges want you to do this one year foundation course. I didnt even get an a at a/s level for art.. i'm predicted one now.. but this art college is really good, number 3 or 4 in the country.. i just dunno why.. i guess they liked me, an that makes a change!
    good on ya! they must have really liked your work

ReputationRep:
    I only know one person who has an unconditional offer and one person who's offer might aswell be unconditional.
    One of my mates has an unconditional offer for some graphic/arty kind of course at St something(?) in London? I dunno, apparently it's really good for art. One of my other friends (quite possibly the most intelligent person I know) has an offer of EE from Christ Church at Oxford to do something scienc related. Think it was biochemistry. So that's pretty incredible.

Rick

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I didn't know that Oxford still made those "EE" type of offers. I know they were quite common about 10 years ago, but that was probably because it was still mainly geniuses applying there, and not much else.

Well done to your friend!

ReputationRep:
    If I have an unconditional offer then can I just accept it? I dont wanna bother waiting for my other replies, cos I dont wanna go there, and if they can't be bothered to decide - they said i'd find out 5 days after my interview which was in February!!!! - then can i just phone up ucas an say that I want to cancel it and just accept my unconditional?? An I dont have to put an insurance right??.. that would just b crazy!

Ou of interest, how many ppl have got unconditional offers, cos I didnt realise they really existed, i thought they were really rare, but do lots of ppl get them, an if not.. then how have i ended up getting one!! I was definatley not expecting one - i'm not even that clever!!

I'm happy tho! lol, dont get me wrong.. i'm not complaining!
    wowww welldone...
    which uni is this?and what course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SideKickRick)
    I only know one person who has an unconditional offer and one person who's offer might aswell be unconditional.
    One of my mates has an unconditional offer for some graphic/arty kind of course at St something(?) in London? I dunno, apparently it's really good for art. One of my other friends (quite possibly the most intelligent person I know) has an offer of EE from Christ Church at Oxford to do something scienc related. Think it was biochemistry. So that's pretty incredible.

Rick

Central St Martins, part of the London Institute. Fiercly competitive and usually only international students get into the London Institute...says the girl going to their London College of Communication part in October.......

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.