Scottish Society (any scots around?) Watch

Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
All those under the Queen's rule would keep the pound would they not?

British culture is to die for

In all honesty, I haven't done thorough research into this. I've spoken to a number of people and heard what they've had to say. With that, I've mixed in my own personal views and experiences (which has undoubtedly been influenced by others) and have come to be more in favour of independence

It's not just as simple as using the same currency. I reckon the best bet if Scotland became independent would be to create a 'mini EU' for Great Britain and call it the 'British Union' or something. And through that, keep the Bank of England as the central bank.

An independent Scotland wouldn't be a crown dependency (like Jersey, Isle of Man etc which aren't technically sovereign nations), but part of the commonwealth (Australia, Canada).
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Any of you guys from or near Ayrshire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rosie786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin25)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was born in Aberdeen but now living in london. :h:
Marc1875
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
markyb76
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saltcoats

And firmly in favour of independence, the contempt the unionist have for the electorate in Scotland was summed up by Johann Lamont the leader of the Labour party in Scotland when she stated "We (Scottish people) are not genetically programmed to make political decisions". linky
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by markyb76)
Saltcoats

And firmly in favour of independence, the contempt the unionist have for the electorate in Scotland was summed up by Johann Lamont the leader of the Labour party in Scotland when she stated "We (Scottish people) are not genetically programmed to make political decisions". linky
Aww cool. You are pretty much just up the road from me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahsim
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
IN.

Proud (not ethnic) scot checking in, can confirm will be voting YES for independence lool.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol this gave me a chuckle all the points I agree with pretty much especially the 'adding a s to the end of supermarket names'. I always say Lidls instead of Lidl and Aldi's instead of Aldi

http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/20-...dor+Network%29

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol this gave me a chuckle all the points I agree with pretty much especially the 'adding a s to the end of supermarket names'. I always say Lidls instead of Lidl and Aldi's instead of Aldi

http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/20-...dor+Network%29

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't do this for Lidl or Aldi, but I do for tescos and asdas, I never realised this was a Scottish only thing lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Asklepios)
I don't do this for Lidl or Aldi, but I do for tescos and asdas, I never realised this was a Scottish only thing lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah I'm the exact opposite, I don't say it for Tesco and Asda I didn't know it was only a Scottish thing either! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads