Hannayah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have a unit 3 physics exam tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone can explain cyclotrons and how they work.
Marcusroye98
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Magnetic Field : They are applied right angles to the motion of the particles because it provides them with a centripetal force which causes them to move in 'spirals'.

Voltage : The voltage goes across the gap and causes the particles to accelerate faster. When their acceleration increases they spiral out and they are released into a tube were they travel straight
Hannayah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Marcusroye98)
Magnetic Field : They are applied right angles to the motion of the particles because it provides them with a centripetal force which causes them to move in 'spirals'.

Voltage : The voltage goes across the gap and causes the particles to accelerate faster. When their acceleration increases they spiral out and they are released into a tube were they travel straight
Thanks a lot
This actually came up in the exam today. I am sure I got all the marks thanks to your answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.84%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.32%
Live streaming events (21)
9.38%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (51)
22.77%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.32%