Thin guy problems

Scroll to see replies

I am like you but it doesn't bother me. Just be yourself
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys

I have a slim body..but to me it looks grand

however my arms are very thin.girly thin:P

If I wear long sleeved jumpers/shirts it looks good bar the arms, where it looks terrible

the same goes for short sleeve tshirts/shirts

I understand I can wear a jumper to cover it up but is there anything else I can do?

Eat a lot and lift heavy weights
Original post by zKlown
Eat a lot and lift heavy weights

but if Im thin I cant lift heavy weights

I also dont want go get fat
Original post by toonervoustotalk
they are the exercises and just try it and if you cant lift it go and do 2.5kg less. and then when you can lift it go back and try it again if that makes sense.

just go to stronglifts.com for more info
thanks again:smile:
Reply 24
but if Im thin I cant lift heavy weights

I also dont want go get fat

By heavy, I mean relative to you.

So even if that means just lifting an empty bar, so be it.
OP, you start with a 20kg empty bar and lift it for 5 repetitions then rest and either do more reps or move on to another exercise depending on what you just did. 20kg is not a lot and 2.5kg progressions each workout isn't a lot either. It seems like loads but I was progressing by 10kg a session on deadlift, 7.5kg on squat and 5kg on overhead press when I started.

You also won't get too fat. You'll be able to notice changes in your body and can tailor depending on what you see. It's not like it happens over night so just keep an eye and change what you eat accordingly.
Hey guys

I have a slim body..but to me it looks grand

however my arms are very thin.girly thin:P

If I wear long sleeved jumpers/shirts it looks good bar the arms, where it looks terrible

the same goes for short sleeve tshirts/shirts

I understand I can wear a jumper to cover it up but is there anything else I can do?

Bicep curls.
Original post by BigWillynomsayin
OP, you start with a 20kg empty bar and lift it for 5 repetitions then rest and either do more reps or move on to another exercise depending on what you just did. 20kg is not a lot and 2.5kg progressions each workout isn't a lot either. It seems like loads but I was progressing by 10kg a session on deadlift, 7.5kg on squat and 5kg on overhead press when I started.

You also won't get too fat. You'll be able to notice changes in your body and can tailor depending on what you see. It's not like it happens over night so just keep an eye and change what you eat accordingly.

I am rather weak but il try

thanks for advice:smile:
squat with weights doesnt sound fun.
what if you lose balance or something?
I am rather weak but il try

thanks for advice:smile:
squat with weights doesnt sound fun.
what if you lose balance or something?

It's fine when you learn the proper technique. Just google it and you'll see. You'll learn to drive through the heels and how to position yourself so that you form a verticle line between the bar and center of your foot. I haven't lost balance on the squat in 5 years of lifting weights.

Now stop being such a girly scaredy cat and just get on with it :biggrin:
It's fine when you learn the proper technique. Just google it and you'll see. You'll learn to drive through the heels and how to position yourself so that you form a verticle line between the bar and center of your foot. I haven't lost balance on the squat in 5 years of lifting weights.

Now stop being such a girly scaredy cat and just get on with it :biggrin:

Im joining when I go back to uni.for now I shall practice with teensy weights.

boi Im not gonna fit in this gym business but it will be something new.thanks again
Im joining when I go back to uni.for now I shall practice with teensy weights.

boi Im not gonna fit in this gym business but it will be something new.thanks again

I started gyming at 6ft 145 lb and managed. I'm sure you will.

In the meantime, bodyweight pushups, pullups, situps, dips and squats will help you prepare while you haven't got access to the gym. Especially with a couple of months to go. It's free to do too... you just need to find a tree somewhere for the pullups or a high step/low wall for the dips and the rest can be done standing in the middle of a room, beach or park. Just start now with no excuses and "I'll make a change when I get back to Uni" sort of attitude. Just do it now!
I started gyming at 6ft 145 lb and managed. I'm sure you will.

In the meantime, bodyweight pushups, pullups, situps, dips and squats will help you prepare while you haven't got access to the gym. Especially with a couple of months to go. It's free to do too... you just need to find a tree somewhere for the pullups or a high step/low wall for the dips and the rest can be done standing in the middle of a room, beach or park. Just start now with no excuses and "I'll make a change when I get back to Uni" sort of attitude. Just do it now!

exactly 6ft big guy..picture small thing guy:smile:
and Il try my best.
love the attitude and the advice!thanks a lot man
Il start today and I might even post updates on lifting society to keep me on que.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending