The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Questions? Problems?

Just thought I would compile a short list of things you guys might find useful re. the University of Leeds..

If you need any help regarding anything to do with university life in Leeds, or simply have a question to do with a course, accommodation, life in Leeds in general, then don't hesitate to drop me a PM and i'll get back to you asap, or simply use the forum search option to find a thread that is similar to what you are looking for, or even just start a new thread and I am certain you'll get the answers you are looking for.

You might also be interested in contacting Fleece too, who will be going into her second year in September, and is a good source of information concerning all things Leeds!

As you may know, the Accommodation Office post in here from time to time, so any accommodation issues should be able to be dealt with affectively and quickly by sending them a PM, emailing [email protected], or alternatively by ringing 08701 2001 89.

Here are some lovely FAQs regarding accommodation. These may come in useful!

The Clearing list is also still available, so if you're looking for a course, check it out!

If you are still to confirm your place at Leeds, then do it now!

Lastly, and most importantly, I hope you have a great first year, meet some fantastic people, and, of course, work hard! :wink:
I think rather than PMing us second years, people should just post directly, since then everyone gets to take advantage of our learned wisdom :P unless it's something you don't want everyone to see, anyway..
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Haha ace Dan, cheers for the linkage :wink:
Reply 3
Hi everyone. I am the mother of a daughter who attended Leeds University from Sept last year. She left in March this year. She was on the Philosophy course and was also learning Greek. She had a flat at Liberty Park-Marlborough St. I thought as time went on that she was happy, however we as a family did not know how much time she spent on MSN in her spare time. This led to problems as we discovered that she was being brainwashed by a guy from North London(not English) which further distanced her from her family. We have now reached the point that we have no knowledge of her whereabouts or her mental and physical wellbeing. We were informed by the police that the person from the internet has mental health problems. As Hannah is over the age of eighteen we have no legal rights but this does not stop us searching for her until we know she is safe. Please warn other students of the dangers of MSN especially those whom have never left home before uni and believe they can trust anyone as my daughter did. This is an ongoing nightmare for the family who care so much for Hannah Cornish. Any info re this matter would be much appreciated.
Reply 4
Hope you find her Hannahs mum. Good luck. x
Reply 5
I'm sorry. That sounds quite scary.
Reply 6
Hannahs Mum
Hi everyone. I am the mother of a daughter who attended Leeds University from Sept last year. She left in March this year. She was on the Philosophy course and was also learning Greek. She had a flat at Liberty Park-Marlborough St. I thought as time went on that she was happy, however we as a family did not know how much time she spent on MSN in her spare time. This led to problems as we discovered that she was being brainwashed by a guy from North London(not English) which further distanced her from her family. We have now reached the point that we have no knowledge of her whereabouts or her mental and physical wellbeing. We were informed by the police that the person from the internet has mental health problems. As Hannah is over the age of eighteen we have no legal rights but this does not stop us searching for her until we know she is safe. Please warn other students of the dangers of MSN especially those whom have never left home before uni and believe they can trust anyone as my daughter did. This is an ongoing nightmare for the family who care so much for Hannah Cornish. Any info re this matter would be much appreciated.

Sorry to hear that.

I take it you've been in touch with the philosophy/greek department who could send out emails to all their students?
Surely at least one of her friends/flatmates must know where she went?

Sorry, I know you must have tried all of these avenues..
Reply 7
I hope you find Hannah soon, Hannah's Mum.

Latest