The Student Room Group

I didn't know top heavy is a plus healthwise?

I took a body quiz got inverted triangle. But specifically claimed it was healthier to have most of the weight up top? I always hear pears and hourglass saying they're the most healthy shapes because they store weight below the waist. I also heard there were risks to it for diabetes etc. But I didn't know storing most fat in the bust was the least risky. Why do people ignore this body shape so much then healthwise? As said here.................................. "Bless Your Chest Most of your weight is in your chest—not your waist. This is a plus for your health, as excess belly fat can lead to heart disease and diabetes." http://www.youbeauty.com/quizzes/body-type
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Like I've taken other tests they ask where most of my weight is I can't even say my bust. It's not an option.
Reply 2
anyone?
Any body shape that stores fat elsewhere than your stomach/waist area is deemed as healthy for the reasons you've said before (less risk of diabetes/heart disease etc.). This is because the fat isn't being stored around vital organs in your abdomen. People tend to ignore the "inverted triangle" shape as being healthy because they assume that because the fat is around the heart area it's probably bad - but it's not. The fat will most likely be stored around your breast tissue. However, just because your body type is 'healthy' doesn't mean you can go around eating what you like as it's visceral fat (that you can't see) that's the real killer!

I'm a pear shape and I'm always envious of people with narrow hips/skinny legs as it's easier to hide a bigger stomach than it is big legs! And it's really hard to find jeans to fit :frown: however, with all shapes, there are other health issues to worry about. e.g. i have problems with varicose veins/circulation in my legs because a lot of fat is stored around them and big busted women tend to get back problems. BUT they aren't serious illnesses.
Reply 4
Original post by vineyard13
Any body shape that stores fat elsewhere than your stomach/waist area is deemed as healthy for the reasons you've said before (less risk of diabetes/heart disease etc.). This is because the fat isn't being stored around vital organs in your abdomen. People tend to ignore the "inverted triangle" shape as being healthy because they assume that because the fat is around the heart area it's probably bad - but it's not. The fat will most likely be stored around your breast tissue. However, just because your body type is 'healthy' doesn't mean you can go around eating what you like as it's visceral fat (that you can't see) that's the real killer!

I'm a pear shape and I'm always envious of people with narrow hips/skinny legs as it's easier to hide a bigger stomach than it is big legs! And it's really hard to find jeans to fit :frown: however, with all shapes, there are other health issues to worry about. e.g. i have problems with varicose veins/circulation in my legs because a lot of fat is stored around them and big busted women tend to get back problems. BUT they aren't serious illnesses.

I actually thought pears and hourglass were also at risk at least I saw it on tv. I thought rectangle was the best shape. I'm a mix of lollipop and goblet so I'm sorta part rectangle and only part inverted triangle/apple because of my shoulders. Even though some lollipops are broad shouldered so I'm in some definitions just a lollipop which is mainly a rectangle categorized shape. But I thought the top heaviness was a health risk. Apparently not.

Quick Reply

Latest