The Student Room Group

What gyms have olympic barbells

I am going to go to start going to the gym and i am going to do stronglifts and i was wondering which gyms have oylmpic barbells.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost all of them. You just need to make sure there's a squat rack and a place to bench, the plates are round, and they have plates from 1.25kg to 20kg.
Agreed pretty much every gym, but I would advise you look for a local lifters gym rather than a commercial gym if there is one that's nearby.

I mainly train at work but there is an old school weight lifting gym round the corner from my house. It's just a concrete room with heavy stuff in it. A few racks and a few benches, no middle aged woman walking on a treadmill reading heat magazine or skinny guys in bench joggers staring at themselves in the mirror. Much better :biggrin:
Reply 3
Nick the barbell off the bench crew, if there isn't a barbell in there to deadlift.

Bend there barbell crew.

Get kicked out the gym for bending the barbell crew.

****ing commercial gym equipment up crew

lifetime banned from planet fitness crew

set the lurk alarm off crew.
Original post by AMG44
Nick the barbell off the bench crew, if there isn't a barbell in there to deadlift.

Bend there barbell crew.

Get kicked out the gym for bending the barbell crew.

****ing commercial gym equipment up crew

lifetime banned from planet fitness crew

set the lurk alarm off crew.

You got kicked out for deadlifting a weight that bent the bar? **** that gym mane
Reply 5
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I am going to go to start going to the gym and i am going to do stronglifts and i was wondering which gyms have oylmpic barbells.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have a look around a few gyms before you sign up. Most commercial gyms will be alright especially if they've got a larger floor size, just make sure there's a power / squat rack, bench and a good range of machines, cables etc.

Quick Reply

Latest