The Student Room Group
If you're brave enough to dodge the busses and trucks on the A38, then I don't see why not.
Reply 2
rhododendron
If you're brave enough to dodge the busses and trucks on the A38, then I don't see why not.

Or mad enough, only joking. It just depends how much confidence you have really riding a bike in the traffic in Birmingham. I have a bike and I am too scared to ride it in all the traffic around Harborne and Edgbaston.:frown:
Reply 3
I cycle from the bull ring to erdington after my part-time job via the a38, and as long as you are confident and careful you will get on fine.

It can get busy at times but as long as you are confident and are well prepared you will be fine.
kw1988
I cycle from the bull ring to erdington after my part-time job via the a38, and as long as you are confident and careful you will get on fine.

It can get busy at times but as long as you are confident and are well prepared you will be fine.

I assume you don't go down the Aston Express Way part of the A38 to Erdington? :eek:
Or indeed the Queensway tunnels must be a bit tough too.
Reply 6
I don't go down there I wouldnt do it even if it was legal.

I go along Lichfield road, which goes through aston, another suburb, I have not had any problems and i even cycle round the spaghetti junction, which is daunting.

As long as you are confident and observant, my point is that you will have no trouble as long as you are the above.

:biggrin:
Reply 7
So according to you I risk my life everyday by doing that? But is the A38 the only way to get there?
I was thinking about this route. Doesn't seem to imply the passage on the A38 and it saves me 2kms! Viamichelin suggests me to do that by bike:

CLICK HERE!

What do you think?
I don't think it is much worse than a big city such as Milano...
Reply 8
I go from Gravelly Hill down Slade road to the roundabout under Spaghetti junction. through Aston under the train station and meet again at the roundabout where the expressway starts.

The worst bit are the big roundabouts between the A38 motorway and aston uni.

You should try looking into canal paths though. I'm gonna try jumping on the canal path under spaghetti junction next time, which should hopefully take me out next to the uni
Reply 9
seeg
I go from Gravelly Hill down Slade road to the roundabout under Spaghetti junction. through Aston under the train station and meet again at the roundabout where the expressway starts.

The worst bit are the big roundabouts between the A38 motorway and aston uni.

You should try looking into canal paths though. I'm gonna try jumping on the canal path under spaghetti junction next time, which should hopefully take me out next to the uni

you can meet a few rentboys along your way lol!
Reply 10
smiling
So according to you I risk my life everyday by doing that? But is the A38 the only way to get there?
I was thinking about this route. Doesn't seem to imply the passage on the A38 and it saves me 2kms! Viamichelin suggests me to do that by bike:

CLICK HERE!

What do you think?
I don't think it is much worse than a big city such as Milano...

I put the route down wrong but the route seeg mentioned is the one that i use basically.
Reply 11
kw1988
I put the route down wrong but the route seeg mentioned is the one that i use basically.

so it should work!!eheheh
bye
Reply 12
any know any good bike shops in bham?

seems pointless to buy from from up here then take it down. as wnt fit in the car wud av 2 buy like bike rack.
Reply 13
ditto that - i want to get a town bike from up there - one with a basket so I can carry any shopping/books etc.

Anyone know anywhere???
Reply 14
lol muskateer.

im after a trek, saracen, summat that kind of price range.

if anyone knows any good bike shops wud really help.
Reply 15
i've seen on in halford (is that spelled correctly??) one for 99...
Reply 16
i dnt buy ote from halfords out of princliple.

robbing *****. its probly crap. most stuff halfords sell is overpriced anyway.
Reply 17
i went there just because i need to fix my brake pads and didn't know where to go as i don't have any tool!
bye

Latest

Trending

Trending