Silverman10
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
do you feel that the london 2012 olympics has had a positive or a negative influence on the uks thoughts about tourism and whether we should hold another sorting event such as a world cup?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Silverman10)
do you feel that the london 2012 olympics has had a positive or a negative influence on the uks thoughts about tourism and whether we should hold another sorting event such as a world cup?
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Social science forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=79
reneeb96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think the London Olympics 2012 In the Uk was very beneficial and had many positive impacts such as improvements to the infrastructure, a lot of economic benefits which created a multiplier effect which provided jobs for the local people and local businesses thrived whilst the Olympics were being held. The Olympics increased the tourism sector massively as many tourist came to London which would also benefited other businesses such as other attractions and hotels. The Olympic stadium is now a landmark which attracts many tourists in the long run. However the Olympics did cost a lot of money which could of been put to "better uses" such as improving NHS or into education. The Olympic games was placed in an area which pushed many local people out of their homes. But overall I think there were many benefits of the London Olympic 2012 which compensated for all the negative aspects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.29%
No (113)
80.71%

Watched Threads