Amplifier for Electric Guitar - help?! Watch

Lucieva6
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hi,

I play electric guitar and I'll be going to Nottingham next year to study MUSIC. I have a nice amplifier, but I am worried that it'd get broken if I just put it in a suitcase in the plane (besides I can only have 20 kg of weight and amp+guitar+suitcase = 19!!! which would mean that I'd have no clothes).

I am thinking of leaving my amplifier at home and just taking my electric guitar.

Is there any way to BORROW or RENT an amp from the music department for my bedroom for all three terms (excluding the breaks in between terms)? Or is there anyone who wouldn't mind sharing their's (Rutland Hall)?

This is really getting me down because my parents are saying "leave guitar + amp at home" which would kill me, because I love playing and i am, after all, studying music...

Thanks beforehand,

Lucie:suitc:
The Regend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's always a bummer when you can't take things like that with you - I was the same and I live in the UK! I would suggest that you leave your amp at home, and take your guitar, pedals etc over with you. What you can do then is spend about £40 on maybe a 10W practise amp that you can keep in your room. This will also be nice and small that you can carry around with you. If you do need something bigger, bandsoc are always happy to let you borrow some of their larger amps etc.
Hope this has helped!
beff...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've just bought myself a lil 10W practise bass amp

You could always just buy one of these http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=310
The Regend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Haha, that wouldn't get you very far though, would it?! :/
beff...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nah but s'alright for just practising in your room and if she doesn't have much space tis better than nothing.
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yea, and youw ont piss others off by playing too loudly either.
beff...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeh i probably use my amp with headphones most of the time. Wanted to get one of those tiny amps but the guy in the shop said my bass would just blow it out Ah well my new amps pretty tiny just not thaat small
-Pete-
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Surely a Pod XT or Guitar Port would make more sense and play with headphones?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.87%
No (441)
73.13%

Watched Threads