Free Prescriptions

Watch
Swimmer123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am currently in year 13 and I finished college last Friday but I need an eye appointment. I used to get them free as I was in full time education but now that I have finished when does this stop? Is it once you get your results or is it from the day you finish college (last Friday in my case)?

Thank you in advance.
calmpeach
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're continuing onto university, then yes! That's what I did in your situation last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Swimmer123)
I am currently in year 13 and I finished college last Friday but I need an eye appointment. I used to get them free as I was in full time education but now that I have finished when does this stop? Is it once you get your results or is it from the day you finish college (last Friday in my case)?

Thank you in advance.
You'll be fine as the academic year ends on the 31st August. Just tick the exemption box on the back of the prescription that says '16, 17, or 18 and in full-time education'. I think it's box B.

If you go to university, you will still be able to get free prescriptions: fill out a form called HC2. You then pay for your prescriptions as normal (£8.05 per item at the moment), but you can then claim that money back if you get the pharmacist to sign a form. Ask your pharmacist for more details.
Newtothis83
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Actually you need to show proof of continuing education. So take an offer letter with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
River Shadow
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thegodofgod)
You'll be fine as the academic year ends on the 31st August. Just tick the exemption box on the back of the prescription that says '16, 17, or 18 and in full-time education'. I think it's box B.

If you go to university, you will still be able to get free prescriptions: fill out a form called HC2. You then pay for your prescriptions as normal (£8.05 per item at the moment), but you can then claim that money back if you get the pharmacist to sign a form. Ask your pharmacist for more details.
Being eligible for a HC2 certificate still depends on income at uni - once you have the certificate, you show it when you pick up a prescription and don't have to pay anything. You only have to claim money back if you don't have your certificate when you collect it. If the info given on your HC1 form doesn't entitle you to full help with a HC2 certificate, you may still be able for partial help with health costs with a HC3 certificate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (638)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads