Tigerlily77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Just received my provisional results. I scored 51% in one of my exams but the result reads fail! How does this work? Obviously, no one's answering the phone at my college and there are no other contacts given. Sooo annoyed!!! Grrr...
TheWorldEndsWithMe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tigerlily77)
Just received my provisional results. I scored 51% in one of my exams but the result reads fail! How does this work? Obviously, no one's answering the phone at my college and there are no other contacts given. Sooo annoyed!!! Grrr...
Is this university or A-level ? (you say college, so I'm not 100% sure) Coursework, presumably, if it's A-level?

If it's A-level, is the 51% UMS marks or is it raw marks? Because raw marks have to be converted to UMS and it's possible that 51% raw marks is basially a U in terms of UMS marks, which is a failing grade.

If it's university, do you have any idea what the pass mark is?
Tigerlily77
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
Is this university or A-level ? (you say college, so I'm not 100% sure) Coursework, presumably, if it's A-level?

If it's A-level, is the 51% UMS marks or is it raw marks? Because raw marks have to be converted to UMS and it's possible that 51% raw marks is basially a U in terms of UMS marks, which is a failing grade.

If it's university, do you have any idea what the pass mark is?
Hi, apologies for the very basic info, just got really angry. It's university and the pass mark is 40%. It's the lack of communication and the wall of silence that drives me mad. After all, they are supposed to provide a service I paid for... Just sent them an email but don't expect much
TheWorldEndsWithMe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tigerlily77)
Hi, apologies for the very basic info, just got really angry. It's university and the pass mark is 40%. It's the lack of communication and the wall of silence that drives me mad. After all, they are supposed to provide a service I paid for... Just sent them an email but don't expect much
Is it possible that they have some sort of issue with your coursework/exam? eg plagiarism or cheating? Not accusing you of anything, obviously, but it's a possibility. Or have you failed another element of the module which means you 'fail' everything?

I'd call them again in half an hour or so to make sure it wasn't just that they're on a lunch break.
Tigerlily77
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
Is it possible that they have some sort of issue with your coursework/exam? eg plagiarism or cheating? Not accusing you of anything, obviously, but it's a possibility. Or have you failed another element of the module which means you 'fail' everything?

I'd call them again in half an hour or so to make sure it wasn't just that they're on a lunch break.
I'm not aware of anything.
They've just emailed me back, they're investigating. I hope they made a mistake with the 'fail' result a not with my percentage...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.21%
I don't have everything I need (222)
43.79%

Watched Threads