Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Yep, block F flat 4
Reply 3
Block G Flat 7
Reply 4
Well from what I've been told there's no on-site pub/bar like some of the other places have, but that we're in the centre of town. Anyone up for adopting a local bar?

oh, and I'm flat 7. Forgot to add that last time.
I'm Flat 4 Block E, and I'm totally up for finding our own local =p Ooooh we get to move in on Sat 16th yay I'm so excited
Reply 6
Block B Flat 5
Reply 7
block b flat 17
Reply 8
I was thinking. It'd be a good idea to set up an Opal House forum. Let everyone there know about it. Then, say, if someone needed to borrow some sugar they could just post and someone could answer then all you'd have to do is run down to their flat and grab it! And other such communications obviously.
I would set it up myself, but I'm not sure where would be best. Maybe something with a IM chat function? Do Google groups have that?
Anyhoo, ideas ideas people.
Reply 9
Block H Flat 13!!! :smile:
Reply 10
Block F Flat 12 !!!!! :-D woo
ok so my cousin just messaged me about opal house, her fiancee has just finished doing medicine at sheffield uni, here's what she said...

'Opal house sounds like very good accommodation- we had a look at on the Sheffield website, Colin hadn't heard of it before because it's new. Once we knew which one it was we realised that I'd parked outside of it on Saturday night when we went out in Sheffield. It's perfect for you, about the same walk into uni as to city centre nightclubs! You are only about 5mins walk from West Street where there are loads of bars which are always full of students- (make sure you go get a card from Varsity there because then you can use it to get cheap drinks). You're also really close to Division Street where there are also lots of good bars. The West One complex is really near you as well, that's got some cool resturants, a Vodka Revolution (which does wicked cocktails) and a Spar shop! More good news is that it should only take you 5/10 mins to get to all the shops in the city centre plus a tram from the city will get you to meadowhall in 15/20mins.'

so all in all it sounds very good =D
Reply 12
Block D Flat 2
Reply 13
Sounds fab! But im nervous to, im going on my own and i have been giving a studio. Now, to a certain extent, i wish i would have opted to share a flat because you have 4/5 ready made friends lol!!
WEll if you're all alone you can come and visit me =D
Reply 15
haha this place sounds better and better! -x-buttercup-x-'s certainly done her research - good work :wink: what date's everyone getting there? atm looks like I'll be arriving on the 16th sometime :smile:
Reply 16
Think i'll be arriving on Sunday 17th Sep - Not too long now!!!
Any of you guys know what company owns Opal House? Is it Unite?
Reply 18
Shortay1987
Any of you guys know what company owns Opal House? Is it Unite?

It's not Unite. On the Opal webpage (http://opalonesheffield.co.uk/) the only contact address is for the university.
kel
I was thinking. It'd be a good idea to set up an Opal House forum. Let everyone there know about it. Then, say, if someone needed to borrow some sugar they could just post and someone could answer then all you'd have to do is run down to their flat and grab it! And other such communications obviously.
I would set it up myself, but I'm not sure where would be best. Maybe something with a IM chat function? Do Google groups have that?
Anyhoo, ideas ideas people.

I think that's a great idea, I'm rubbish at making websites though, maybe something where we could all have profiles and pin bulletins, ill have a think

Latest

Trending

Trending