The Student Room Group

May not be able to do access course due to childcare - advice please

Hi all I recently had an interview for an access course which went really well ( just awaiting results of an essay !)
I went to speak to the lady who deals with childcare and she explained as it stands if your gross income was over 18k for last year you cant get any help - this may rise to 21k but my husband earned re than that . She said try applying anyway and write a letter explaining which I have already written . If I get a place but don't get any help for the childcare I there any other fund could try to apply to ?

People have said get a job to pay for it but with 4 children one being a baby a full time course and my husband working long hours that is just not an option.

Thank you
Reply 1
Do it with distancelearningcentre.co.uk
How about doing the course part time, I managed to do it over 2 years at my local college and I have a place at uni starting sept. I only had to attend 1 day a week as I told them I needed to re childcare. This year Ive had to do an evening too but it is doable.
I dont get cc via student finance and will be applying for a percentage of help with tax credits hubby works rest paid by student loans.
What did you say in letter if you don't mind me asking as I plan to appeal x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest