This discussion is closed.
Pixelfairy #1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
At home we keep getting annoying phone calls where someone puts the phone down as soon as you pick it up... and it's a restriced number! Does anyone else get the same? :confused:
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes... I can't remember what the proper name is but I think it's something to to do with businesses - some little bug in the system, a fax? SOmehting like that. Noone intended to phone you, it was automated and a complete mistake. I used to panic about them
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
(Original post by blissy)
Yes... I can't remember what the proper name is but I think it's something to to do with businesses - some little bug in the system, a fax? SOmehting like that. Noone intended to phone you, it was automated and a complete mistake. I used to panic about them
Oh good! It's still really annoying though :mad:
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Automated dialing...?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sounds more like a stalker.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
At home we keep getting annoying phone calls where someone puts the phone down as soon as you pick it up... and it's a restriced number! Does anyone else get the same? :confused:
Yeah, a darn fax machine bleeping its head off.....
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
(Original post by 2776)
Sounds more like a stalker.
A stalker of a stalker... :rolleyes:

(BTW thats a joke before everyone gets scared)
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Maybe an automated fax stalker...
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep, i always get it....at least 3 or 4 times a day!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We've had the same caller for almost two years now still searching for someone by the name of Mr Young, unfortunately when we start complaining that there is no Mr Young at our address the caller usually puts the phone down on us or accuses us of lying. Now we just humour him. How bizzare?!
x Dee x
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I get them 2 my mobile!! Sooo annoying!
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
(Original post by x Dee x)
I get them 2 my mobile!! Sooo annoying!
Orange automatically sent me football text alerts to my mobile without me asking... it was sooooooo annoying as it cos 12p per text and i absolutely hate football :mad:

I managed to cancel them... eventually ... luckily :rolleyes:
alio
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea it happens a lot at home i thought it had stopped but whoever it is has started ringing and hanging up. theres a period when it happens about every 2 month :confused:
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sales reps - surveys - all rather annoying but thankfully infrequent - though freeserve rang too often to get me to sign up to Anytime ...
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by alio)
yea it happens a lot at home i thought it had stopped but whoever it is has started ringing and hanging up. theres a period when it happens about every 2 month :confused:

^^ I tried to explain it up there. There's nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and the problem is, that you never get the phone number of the caller!
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
and the problem is, that you never get the phone number of the caller!
Because it ISN'T a caller - it's some glitch in a system.
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aaa and another guy that breathes down the phone..... :mad:
Saf!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
sales reps - surveys - all rather annoying but thankfully infrequent - though freeserve rang too often to get me to sign up to Anytime ...
i have them phoning up at my house everyday between 6-8 and it's so annoying and pointless!
zazy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
aaa and another guy that breathes down the phone..... :mad: as if he's short of breath.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (69)
53.08%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.69%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.77%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (33)
25.38%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads