Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At home we keep getting annoying phone calls where someone puts the phone down as soon as you pick it up... and it's a restriced number! Does anyone else get the same? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes... I can't remember what the proper name is but I think it's something to to do with businesses - some little bug in the system, a fax? SOmehting like that. Noone intended to phone you, it was automated and a complete mistake. I used to panic about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Yes... I can't remember what the proper name is but I think it's something to to do with businesses - some little bug in the system, a fax? SOmehting like that. Noone intended to phone you, it was automated and a complete mistake. I used to panic about them
    Oh good! It's still really annoying though :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Automated dialing...?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds more like a stalker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    At home we keep getting annoying phone calls where someone puts the phone down as soon as you pick it up... and it's a restriced number! Does anyone else get the same? :confused:
    Yeah, a darn fax machine bleeping its head off.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Sounds more like a stalker.
    A stalker of a stalker... :rolleyes:

(BTW thats a joke before everyone gets scared)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe an automated fax stalker...

ReputationRep:
    yep, i always get it....at least 3 or 4 times a day!

ReputationRep:
    We've had the same caller for almost two years now still searching for someone by the name of Mr Young, unfortunately when we start complaining that there is no Mr Young at our address the caller usually puts the phone down on us or accuses us of lying. Now we just humour him. How bizzare?!

ReputationRep:
    I get them 2 my mobile!! Sooo annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Dee x)
    I get them 2 my mobile!! Sooo annoying!
    Orange automatically sent me football text alerts to my mobile without me asking... it was sooooooo annoying as it cos 12p per text and i absolutely hate football :mad:

I managed to cancel them... eventually ... luckily :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yea it happens a lot at home i thought it had stopped but whoever it is has started ringing and hanging up. theres a period when it happens about every 2 month :confused:

ReputationRep:
    sales reps - surveys - all rather annoying but thankfully infrequent - though freeserve rang too often to get me to sign up to Anytime ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    yea it happens a lot at home i thought it had stopped but whoever it is has started ringing and hanging up. theres a period when it happens about every 2 month :confused:

^^ I tried to explain it up there. There's nothing you can do about it, I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    and the problem is, that you never get the phone number of the caller!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    and the problem is, that you never get the phone number of the caller!
    Because it ISN'T a caller - it's some glitch in a system.

ReputationRep:
    aaa and another guy that breathes down the phone..... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    sales reps - surveys - all rather annoying but thankfully infrequent - though freeserve rang too often to get me to sign up to Anytime ...
    i have them phoning up at my house everyday between 6-8 and it's so annoying and pointless!

ReputationRep:
    aaa and another guy that breathes down the phone..... :mad: as if he's short of breath.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.