The Student Room Group

NQT: How long between application deadline and hearing about an interview?

I have just finished my PGCE and am applying for jobs at the moment. They are a little sparse on the ground in my area so I have been sending applications to England also. The last one I sent was due in Friday 20th at 12 noon- should I have heard by now (Monday 23rd) if I will be interviewed? Will I hear if my application has been unsuccessful? Here, you generally receive a letter, but I submitted my form via email, so should I expect a response this way?

thanks for any info!
Original post by cloudberries
I have just finished my PGCE and am applying for jobs at the moment. They are a little sparse on the ground in my area so I have been sending applications to England also. The last one I sent was due in Friday 20th at 12 noon- should I have heard by now (Monday 23rd) if I will be interviewed? Will I hear if my application has been unsuccessful? Here, you generally receive a letter, but I submitted my form via email, so should I expect a response this way?

thanks for any info!

I would expect an email and/or phonecall to invite you to interview. I think I normally got the phonecall and then was told they'd send me an email about interview tasks/structure of the day, etc.

If the deadline was Friday, they've probably been shortlisting today so I wouldn't assume you would definitely have heard today. Tomorrow is quite likely I'd've thought, as at this time in the year they won't be wasting much time. And don't be surprised if the interview is only 1 or 2 days after they contact you.
Original post by cloudberries

thanks for any info!

Whilst the head of department will no doubt have looked at the applications over the weekend, there are other people involved in the shortlisting procedure, so unless they've all been round to the HOD's house for a shortlisting party at the weekend, they will have been getting their first look today. Tomorrow is possible, Wednesday is likely.
Reply 3
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Whilst the head of department will no doubt have looked at the applications over the weekend, there are other people involved in the shortlisting procedure, so unless they've all been round to the HOD's house for a shortlisting party at the weekend, they will have been getting their first look today. Tomorrow is possible, Wednesday is likely.

Thank you for the insight- I received a phone call just after I posted to invite me for interview. I think I was just panicking because if I hadn't heard until mid-week, my flights would have been too expensive as they would have been way too close to the advertised interview date and I would have had to turn it down.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending