The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Hiya :) was just wondering if anyone else is coming Southampton in September.

Hello my names Nathalie Elesia but you can call me Natt :smile:. I am currently a student at Plymouth college of art doing Fine Art. In September i am possibly coming to start fresh at Southampton Solent university to do the BA (Hons) Hair&MakeupDesign because the course is right up my street it sounds amazing. Is anyone else coming here In September to do the Hair&Design course if so message me back on here because i think its good to meet people who are going to be doing the same thing. It will be also good to meet people from all walks of life doing different courses at Southampton.:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by sleeping_owls
Hello my names Nathalie Elesia but you can call me Natt :smile:. I am currently a student at Plymouth college of art doing Fine Art. In September i am possibly coming to start fresh at Southampton Solent university to do the BA (Hons) Hair&MakeupDesign because the course is right up my street it sounds amazing. Is anyone else coming here In September to do the Hair&Design course if so message me back on here because i think its good to meet people who are going to be doing the same thing. It will be also good to meet people from all walks of life doing different courses at Southampton.:smile:

Hi, my names Clare.

I'm hoping to do Television and Video Production course in Solent Southampton. I studied at Bedford college, doing media production BTEC. Hope I get in. Its my firm choice. So exited and nervous at the same time :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
I will be starting southampton solent in sept for make and hair design :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Sarahloulef
I will be starting southampton solent in sept for make and hair design :smile:

Nice :smile:

do you know what accommodation you'll be in?

I've applied for Hamwic :smile:
Hey, I hope to be starting my first year of Screenwriting in September! Excited and scared altogether!
Reply 5
Original post by OliverAndersonn
Hey, I hope to be starting my first year of Screenwriting in September! Excited and scared altogether!

Cool! I went to one of the taster days for that screen writing course though in the end I decided it wasn't my thing and went on a more production type of course :smile:

Exited and scared as well :smile:)
Original post by cecld
Cool! I went to one of the taster days for that screen writing course though in the end I decided it wasn't my thing and went on a more production type of course :smile:

Exited and scared as well :smile:)

I've just finished my film and TV course at college so I thought I'd like to get in depth with screenwriting (I enjoy writing :P) Know where you're staying yet?
Reply 7
Original post by OliverAndersonn
I've just finished my film and TV course at college so I thought I'd like to get in depth with screenwriting (I enjoy writing :P) Know where you're staying yet?

I've applied to stay at Hamwic, though I don't know yet if I've got a place there or not.

Though my place at Solent Southampton has been confirmed a couple of days ago. I almost cried in relieve and happiness when I got the news from Ucas :biggrin:

do you know where your staying at?
Original post by cecld
I've applied to stay at Hamwic, though I don't know yet if I've got a place there or not.

Though my place at Solent Southampton has been confirmed a couple of days ago. I almost cried in relieve and happiness when I got the news from Ucas :biggrin:

do you know where your staying at?

I've applied for Lucia Foster but nothing back just yet!! Just got my confirmation on UCAS Track, so damn happy right now!!!
Reply 9
That's great! Well done :biggrin:
Reply 10
Hiya, I'm Beth! I'm from just outside of Liverpool! I've just finished a foundation diploma in 3D design and joining southampton in sept for hair and make up design! What accommodation have you applied for? 😀
Reply 11
Original post by Bethx95
Hiya, I'm Beth! I'm from just outside of Liverpool! I've just finished a foundation diploma in 3D design and joining southampton in sept for hair and make up design! What accommodation have you applied for? 😀

Sounds good and I applied for Hamwic, you?
Reply 12
Original post by cecld
Sounds good and I applied for Hamwic, you?

Yes same here 😀
you need a degree to do hair and makeup?
Reply 14
Original post by bottled
you need a degree to do hair and makeup?

Yes. To be able to get far in the industry.

Quick Reply

Latest