Edexcel Maths A*Requirements?

Watch this thread
BerryAl
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Basically, i've just finished all my exams (woo) and I am hoping for an A* in my maths A level by the end of year 13, i just did AS but i do further maths, so.. Yeah i did C1/2/3/4/M1/2/FP1 and they all went fine apart from M2 which i scored about 77%. Yeah, not A* quality, i get that. It was mainly due to not revising a certain part which then came up and just not knowing what to do (stupid me), but enough excuses!

I was wondering whether the A* works like this: Average an A over C1/2/M1/2 and then A* in C3/4 or whether the M2 grade is seperate, in other words will stong AS grades be able to kind of cancel out my bad M2 grade? Otherwise, i need to retake.

I'm, hoping for an A* either now, or after retaking my M2 exam.

Grades:
C1: ~95%
C2: ~95%
M1: ~94%
M2: ~77%

C3: ~93%
C4: ~91%

I hope so.. I mean it would be annoying to have to retake M2... but still, thanks guys.
student261
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
It's only 90% across c3 and c4 and 80% overall so you should be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by BerryAl)
Basically, i've just finished all my exams (woo) and I am hoping for an A* in my maths A level by the end of year 13, i just did AS but i do further maths, so.. Yeah i did C1/2/3/4/M1/2/FP1 and they all went fine apart from M2 which i scored about 77%. Yeah, not A* quality, i get that. It was mainly due to not revising a certain part which then came up and just not knowing what to do (stupid me), but enough excuses!

C1: ~95%
C2: ~95%
M1: ~94%
M2: ~77%

C3: ~93%
C4: ~91%
You need at least 480 total UMS that includes 180 UMS from C3+C4
You will certainly have enough UMS for an A. Impossible to say if your C3+4 results are good enough for A* until the grade boundaries are released.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (31)
27.68%
Take a gap year (17)
15.18%
Resit my exams (30)
26.79%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (17)
15.18%
I don't know yet (12)
10.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.46%

Watched Threads