The Student Room Group

Uni students: how often do you go home?

Scroll to see replies

In first year I went home for a weekend halfway through each term as well as the normal holidays, just to get away for a few days and hang out with family. Speak to my parents every day though :tongue:
Generally I've only tended to go home in the holidays so far. In first & second year I went home for a few days after exams finished, mainly because nearly everyone else had gone home, and in third year I went home for a weekend in my first term due to a particularly bad week with my anxiety. I also stayed after the end of term at Christmas & in the summer this year, because of coursework deadlines being after term ended for some reason & getting a job working at the open days. I always think I might go home for a weekend but then rarely end up doing because I get busy with stuff at uni, and usually because by staying at uni I'm closer to my boyfriend, and that'll probably be the case this year too even though he's graduated as he's working full time during the week so weekends will be the only chance I get to see him. Also trains are expensive & the coach takes ages so I'd either have to spend a lot of money or a lot of time on transport to get home.

My parents often come down for a couple of days at some point if they can get a cheap hotel room nearby though, and I speak to them on the phone every few days & we text quite a bit too.
Reply 22
Christmas and Easter, but not for the entire three weeks. This year I'll be going back for a weekend in May as well for my friend's wedding.
We used to go to my in laws as soon as Christmas/Easter break starts. Also random weekend when we were skint. Few weeks of summer holidays too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loosely every other week - but I only lived an hour away from home by train..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, im in final year now, living an hour and a bit away from home. I tend to go home every other week purely for washing my clothes and bringing back to halls with me some homemade cooked food because i don't cook much. Nearer the exam time, my parents bring me food.

When i tell people this, they say I'm spoiilt. :P
After my Freshers term I went back for 2 weeks for Christmas, I was so mind numbingly bored and decided that i'd just get a job so I never had to do that again. In the three years that has passed since then, i've only been back for Christmas Day. I don't have any reason to go back more often, i've never been particularly close to my family and any friends I had there have long left the area.

Staying put here when most people bailed was never a problem. Some of my friends would always be around, and once I made friends from my job who actually lived in the area (as opposed to going to uni there) it became a lot easier.
Reply 27
Once every two weeks to see my gf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
My parents are only 40 minutes away on the train so maybe once every 6-8 weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Christmas, Easter, summer holidays, birthdays, weddings, so about 8 times a year lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending