Almost had a crash yesterday... Watch

theartist
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Im a new driver (passed a few months ago). I was driving in London at night yesterday, and I have a habit my dad keeps telling me about, I am always too far to the right in my lane, so even though I am in my lane, I am not in the middle of it. So I was on a road, and suddenly out of nowhere a black car appears. He came into my lane while overtaking cars on the other side (coming towards me). My reactions werent fast enough but as my dad was sitting beside me he saw the car coming round first and shouted and I swerved to the left to avoid the car. Missed it by an inch, we even felt our car pushed by the wind off of it. While swerving I was even thinking here we go, my first crash. Now I am so scared to drive alone because I would have hit that car if I was on my own. It makes me understand what instructors me when they tell you to believe that everyone else on the road is an idiot.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just drive closer to the left hand side of the lane?
DoktaUH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You're not to blame, if there had been an accident it would have been their fault and not yours
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads