P3 comprehension paper??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi everyone, I've been reading some posts bout P3 (which btw was horrific!!) and some people have been mentioning a comprehension paper or something ... I was just wondering what this was? I don't think I did a comprehension paper, I'm really scared I missed a huge part of the exam out or something I sat OCR P3
RazorbladePiano
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Depends on which OCR maths exam you took..lol.

I took the MEI version, adn I've just checked the OCR website and discovered 2 types of As/A2 maths..don't be alarmed!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
oh, thanx hehe, I was getting so worried that I'd failed even more badly than I thought I had if that makes ne sense lol I don't *think* I did the MEI paper ... at least my paper didn't say MEI newhere on it! I've just had a look at the website too, ur right they hav different a level maths exams! how weird lol okay, so hopefully my paper didn't have this comprehension thing with it! what did you have to do on it? (was the last question on ur P3 paper about integration by parts? I thought that Q was really hard!)
Thanx 4 ur help! u've calmed me down a bit
RazorbladePiano
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I hope the last question wasn't about integration by parts..because I know for sure I messed the paper up badly!

All the comprehension paper is about is reading blurb about something that has a little mathematical relevance (like space amd time, or this years's politics angle) and do a bit of justifying with maths when answering questions like "Justify this formula" "complete the table".

I'm hoping I'll get about 50% for that paper though..it was the worst module I've ever sat!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.6%
Excited (156)
9.19%
Worried (305)
17.96%
Terrified (378)
22.26%
Meh (162)
9.54%
Confused (37)
2.18%