The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh Award Help Needed!!

I signed up to the DofE bronze award earlier this year. Our expedition is in 3 weeks and we have to have finished and recorded our volunteering, skills and physical activities. I have been rather silly in that I have only done one of these and it's too late to start the others as you have to do them for 3 months. So my question is, Is there anyway I can still do this? How strict are the assessors in checking whether you have actually done any of the things? Would I get away with just getting someone to sign me off and say that I have done it even though I haven't?
Reply 1
Anyone?
You can take as long as you want to complete the activities, I think the longest you can take is till 21. You have to provide proof like photos and stuff but some of my friends have signed it themselves and provided 'fake' evidence and gotten away with it. :teehee: I wouldn't recommend it though.
I wasn't required to provide any proof for mine :smile:
I did my bronze this year.
The assessor on the expedition was really not strict at all, its pretty easy to pass the expedition bit really, apparently no one from our school has ever completely failed it.
I don't know if you know this, but you can back date things, like for example if you haven't started anything for physical but you've been playing tennis anyway (not for d of e) you can use that.
If you have no other option, my advice would be just start as soon as possible and get them signed off earlier, I don't think theyre that strict, as I said, no one from my school has failed it
good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending