Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    All the offers that I received were unsuccessful

'If you've used all five choices and are not holding any offers, you may be able to use Extra to add another choice if:

you've received decisions from all five universities or colleges
    you weren't accepted or you declined any offers you received'

however I can't apply to Ucas Extra at the moment but as I mentioned all my 5 choices were unsuccessful.The live chat insisted me of using Clearing.The UCAS website says
    Clearing will start from early July. Clearing vacancies will be shown on our website from August. If you have any outstanding exam results, you must wait until you have these before using this service.

The thing is that It also says :

You do not have a place at any of your choices.

What should we do in this case ? I seriously need help as I am eligible for Ucas Extra and want to use Ucas Extra.
    Thank you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Charlaux)
    Hi everyone,
    All the offers that I received were unsuccessful

'If you've used all five choices and are not holding any offers, you may be able to use Extra to add another choice if:

you've received decisions from all five universities or colleges
    you weren't accepted or you declined any offers you received'

however I can't apply to Ucas Extra at the moment but as I mentioned all my 5 choices were unsuccessful.The live chat insisted me of using Clearing.The UCAS website says
    Clearing will start from early July. Clearing vacancies will be shown on our website from August. If you have any outstanding exam results, you must wait until you have these before using this service.

The thing is that It also says :

You do not have a place at any of your choices.

What should we do in this case ? I seriously need help as I am eligible for Ucas Extra and want to use Ucas Extra.
    Thank you
    Just to verify, does it say unsuccessful on all 5 choices in track?

If so I would call up UCAS just to see if things are right their end. However, if there are any positions that you are interested in that you see are still available then I would call up each university, explain your case, say why you are interested in the course and whether they would accept applications or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Just to verify, does it say unsuccessful on all 5 choices in track?

If so I would call up UCAS just to see if things are right their end. However, if there are any positions that you are interested in that you see are still available then I would call up each university, explain your case, say why you are interested in the course and whether they would accept applications or not.
    It says unsuccessful on all 5 choices however since I already choose firm and insurance.I will now be in the clearing and as an international student I don't know anything about the process since I already have my results.

ReputationRep:
    It says unsuccessful on all 5 choices however since I already choose firm and insurance.I will now be in the clearing and as an international student I don't know anything about the process since I already have my results.
    If you have been unsuccessful with all 5 choices you cannot have a firm and insurance. You need to be clear about what is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    If you have been unsuccessful with all 5 choices you cannot have a firm and insurance. You need to be clear about what is happening.
    Sorry for the confusion,I am an international student so I have no idea about UCAS.I received offers and I choose firm and insurance but in the end my offers are seen as unsuccessful as I did not achieve their offers.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the confusion,I am an international student so I have no idea about UCAS.I received offers and I choose firm and insurance but in the end my offers are seen as unsuccessful as I did not achieve their offers.
    I see. In that case, you will be entered into clearing. You aren't technically eligible for Extra, but it closes in 5 days anyway and there will be much less, if any, choice left at this stage. Clearing doesn't open until results day on 14th August when the universities will know how many places they have left, so there will be much more choice than there is now. You should try to hang on until then. A button will appear on Track to allow you to enter Clearing when it opens.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    In that case you can't apply through UCAS extra. You are only eligible for it if you got 5 rejections first time round which you didn't. Your better option would be clearing however you can't apply until A Level results have been realised. It will also be around this time that your firm and insurance can see if they can take you.

ReputationRep:
    In that case you can apply through UCAS extra, however Your better option would be clearing however you can't apply until A Level results have been realised. It will also be around this time that your firm and insurance can see if they can take you.
    Thanks for reminding me about being ineligible for Extra. Had a senior moment there for a moment. I edited my post.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thanks for reminding me about being ineligible for Extra. Had a senior moment there for a moment. I edited my post.
    Also may have edited my post because I thought knowledge was outdated will fix now

ReputationRep:
    Also may have edited my post because I thought knowledge was outdated will fix now
    I think we are both agreed that waiting for Clearing is the best option!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I think we are both agreed that waiting for Clearing is the best option!
    Indeed :five:

Now back to ironing I go :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed :five:

Now back to ironing I go :yawn:
    Old person's hint - very few things really need ironing and leaving them hanging up in a steamy bathroom fixes most things well enough.

OP, do your research first, before Clearing starts by looking into courses/universities you might be interested in in advance, so you're ready to go on the day. Courses go very quickly and it's a bit of a free for all, so you should be ready to hit the ground running.

ReputationRep:
    Old person's hint - very few things really need ironing and leaving them hanging up in a steamy bathroom fixes most things well enough.

OP, do your research first, before Clearing starts by looking into courses/universities you might be interested in in advance, so you're ready to go on the day. Courses go very quickly and it's a bit of a free for all, so you should be ready to hit the ground running.
    Excuse my english are not so well. What be this "ironing"???

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.