The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protoxylic
AQA FP4 is mostly linear algebra. So only FP1 knowledge is required; i.e. a foundation knowledge of linear algebra and matrices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool. So in Fp1,I do linear algebra. But none of the chapters say linear algebra though.Is matrices linear algebra? :hmmm:
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool. So in Fp1,I do linear algebra. But none of the chapters say linear algebra though.Is matrices linear algebra? :hmmm:

Dealing with linear transformations like rotations/translations/enlargement/sheers and solving linear systems of equations are examples of topics from linear algebra yeah.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you can.I'm going to self teach myself C3 and M1 during the holiday.

The solving systems of equations is linear algebra, you can in theory teach yourself FP4 before the others, but I would look at the vectors chapter at the end of core 4, because you'll need to know about scalar and vector products. Apart from that, FP4 is completely different to FP2 or FP3 or even C3, so go ahead. I will warn you, it's a bit of weird module, even if I do love it :tongue:
I hate triangles I always miss the blatantly obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chapmaed
The solving systems of equations is linear algebra, you can in theory teach yourself FP4 before the others, but I would look at the vectors chapter at the end of core 4, because you'll need to know about scalar and vector products. Apart from that, FP4 is completely different to FP2 or FP3 or even C3, so go ahead. I will warn you, it's a bit of weird module, even if I do love it :tongue:

I actually did vector in IGCSE and I know dot product as my teacher taught me after GCSE for fun
So should be fine then :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
I hate triangles I always miss the blatantly obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile

What module is this ?
Original post by C0balt
What module is this ?

C1 :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been taking some overly generous days off - but I have my goal: I'm finishing my first book by the end of next week! Good luck with exams everyone,
Original post by C0balt
What module is this ?

M2. Should have been a simple triangle but ended up trying to work out the relationship of tanx and tan 90-x and various other things before that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by antisansculotte
I've been taking some overly generous days off - but I have my goal: I'm finishing my first book by the end of next week! Good luck with exams everyone,

Are you finished exams already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TirnanF
Are you finished exams already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

GG grammar.

Just messing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well today's been productive! 5 past papers :colonhash: I also had a sudden desire to listen to Taylor Swift on repeat for some reason.

On the topic of dreams, I had a dream that I found out I was pregnant, and I was crying because my life was ruined.
Original post by enaayrah
Well today's been productive! 5 past papers :colonhash: I also had a sudden desire to listen to Taylor Swift on repeat for some reason.

On the topic of dreams, I had a dream that I found out I was pregnant, and I was crying because my life was ruined.

One of the first people to go to cambridge at my school got pregnant during AS, raised a baby whilst at Cambridge and is now living a pretty sweet life hahah
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cerlohee
One of the first people to go to cambridge at my school got pregnant during her AS exams, raised a baby whilst at Cambridge and is now living a pretty sweet life hahah

Wow, how did she manage the workload :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of the first people to go to cambridge at my school got pregnant during her AS exams, raised a baby whilst at Cambridge and is now living a pretty sweet life hahah

Queens' (and probably others) has a creche.
Original post by C0balt
Wow, how did she manage the workload :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually have no idea! I know that the college sorted out some provisions for her, and I imagine supervisors were a bit more lenient...

What?? :lol:

I thought that they wouldn't even admit students with children :tongue:
How did she manage?
Original post by jneill
Queens' (and probably others) has a creche.

Well that's reassuring :lol:
So unproductive today :/ I recapped module 3 (biodiversity) of F212, then did a C2 past paper, an F212 past paper and a F322 past paper. Better than yesterday tbh- all I did was recap module 4 of F322 and then I did a F322 paper and an F212 paper.
I've barely done any past papers, and I've barely revised physics this week. I'm going to fail everything :/ just feeling so down :/
Reply 9079
Original post by thechemistress
So unproductive today :/ I recapped module 3 (biodiversity) of F212, then did a C2 past paper, an F212 past paper and a F322 past paper. Better than yesterday tbh- all I did was recap module 4 of F322 and then I did a F322 paper and an F212 paper.
I've barely done any past papers, and I've barely revised physics this week. I'm going to fail everything :/ just feeling so down :/

it will b ok

Latest

Trending

Trending