The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thechemistress
Okay, so I've been undecided for a while, but I have (finally) made my mind up- I'm applying to cambridge to study medicine xD I was torn between physical natural sciences and medicine for quite a long while but after realising that I hate physics and that I'm not amazing at maths (well, not uni-level standard at least), I've decided to go for medicine.
Currently studying double maths and triple science. If I had to put my subjects in order of difficulty, it would be something like:

maths + FM
Physics

Biology + Chemistry

(from hardest to easiest). How about you guys? How are you finding yours?

Although I suck at Physics, I don't think its harder than Chemistry...
Original post by C0balt
I was thinking to apply for chemistry with molecular physics and chemical physics for other uni because I like physics on small scale and how physics explain chemistry
But I might apply for normal chemistry courses depending on how much I enjoy organic chemistry (I haven't done any apart from GCSE level yet)
If I were to apply for Chemical Physics/CMP there aren't many choices anyway... Edinburgh, Glasgow, Nottingham, Imperial, UCL, Bristol are the only unis I can remember on top of my head. I like the look of Edinburgh course but I haven't looked at them too carefully yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same! I love that stuff.

Bristol for sure, regardless of if you apply for chem or chemical physics. It's by far my favourite.

Then Imperial have some good ones although the city itself, London ayayyye

Cambridge NatSci woo

Organic is fun. I love it, like when you skip all the crap of rote learning, and understanding bonding and why mechanisms are the way they are, it's good stuff.
If I get good enough grades, then I'm applying for HSPS. If not, Engineering with a Foundation Year (not at Cambridge).
We've all gotta be aiming for 93% this year *sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kyraaalm

Posted from TSR Mobile

What if we want to apply for medicine or maths? :eek: :wink:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'm the same! I love that stuff.

Bristol for sure, regardless of if you apply for chem or chemical physics. It's by far my favourite.

Then Imperial have some good ones although the city itself, London ayayyye

Cambridge NatSci woo

Organic is fun. I love it, like when you skip all the crap of rote learning, and understanding bonding and why mechanisms are the way they are, it's good stuff.

What do you like about Bristol?

The problem with Imperial is that it's in London and I'm kinda tired of huge capital cities these days...
And things are so expensive...plus international student fee etc...

I just opened my teacher's notes organic section and I was terrified by some what seems like Harry Potter spell language lol
Pretty excited make sense of it though :P
After Halogens we'll start organic :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine you need to do like everything possible and do amazing on the bmat stuff. Thank god I don't want to be a doctor :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by C0balt
What do you like about Bristol?

The problem with Imperial is that it's in London and I'm kinda tired of huge capital cities these days...
And things are so expensive...plus international student fee etc...

I just opened my teacher's notes organic section and I was terrified by some what seems like Harry Potter spell language lol
Pretty excited make sense of it though :P
After Halogens we'll start organic :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idek... The city, close to home, amazing course, great links, great ranking.

Yeah avoid London then!

Haha it isn't too bad at all. You'll like it
Original post by kyraaalm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Literally makes me want to cry :cry2: Might aswell aim for 100% :eek:
Original post by Magnesium

But Economics is so hard! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
But Economics is so hard! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What board are you on?
What board are you on?

AQA! You? :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel :P I'm finding Economics really easy, but that might be because of the difference in our syllabi :redface:
Edexcel :P I'm finding Economics really easy, but that might be because of the difference in our syllabi :redface:

Lucky you! And do you prefer Macro or Micro?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find history the hardest ; (.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
I find history the hardest ; (.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
What topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Germany and Britain reformation.

How is your essays? Are you getting good grades? I keep getting C/B ; ( I can't get exam technique right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Germany and Britain reformation.

How is your essays? Are you getting good grades? I keep getting C/B ; ( I can't get exam technique right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gandhi and the German Reformation. My essay range from 50% to 70%, give or take a few marks. So I'm mainly getting Bs and Cs as well. Don't worry! We have plenty of time to improve!

100% would be so hard to get, you can't make any stupid mistakes :frown:
Original post by BBeyond
100% would be so hard to get, you can't make any stupid mistakes :frown:

100% in C1, C2, FP1 shouldn't be too difficult as you can just learn the basic rules and most answers you can check using another method. However any written tests (i.e physics and economics) are very difficult to get high UMS due to the marks you can lose per word and you can't really check your answers in another way. Also S1 is just a load of rubbish, easy but picky with your methods.

Latest

Trending

Trending