The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottejyp
Damn, the pressure's on, let's do this! :wink:

Ahh but my future is only guaranteed if I can get into med school in the first place so.. :redface: but I can see how that'd make your decision difficult. Have you researched potential career choices with the degree? Philosophy right? Or maybe look into options where you do one main degree but have a mini degree on the side - I think it's called a joint honours or something? And look into universities to see if they can offer something like that :smile:

Sorry! The other thread has opened now anyway so I'll allow you guys in peace haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bitch please, medicines trying to guarantee cthat you choose it :wink:
Yep, if i did philosophy the only things I'd be happy doing is iether a lecturer(meaning I'd need to do a phd) or just use it to get jobs where you don't need a specific degree just a degree
I'm not too fond of joint courses but i don't really have a basis for that :tongue: I'll look nto it more :biggrin:

To keep you nice and alert have a ittle wiggle
Awake award gif 1: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1365682_o.gif
Original post by Gorwell
Don't be silly! Feel free to stay here, you seem nice. :tongue: Also, Durham and a few other unis combine arts and sciences I think? I've seen people do maths and philosophy before!

Haha, thank you very much then! :h: ah, thanks,that's good to know, I was suggesting it as an option for lyrical :smile: what do you want to do at uni?

Original post by lyricalvibe
Bitch please, medicines trying to guarantee cthat you choose it :wink:
Yep, if i did philosophy the only things I'd be happy doing is iether a lecturer(meaning I'd need to do a phd) or just use it to get jobs where you don't need a specific degree just a degree
I'm not too fond of joint courses but i don't really have a basis for that :tongue: I'll look nto it more :biggrin:

To keep you nice and alert have a ittle wiggle
Awake award gif 1: http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1365682_o.gif

:lol: we shall see, we shall see :wink:
But being a lecturer could be quite good! If you're really passionate about it and really love it then that sounds like a good option as you'll be spending all your time doing it :biggrin: and I don't think it's a bad thing doing a phd, especially if you really enjoy the subject :smile:
Haha, fair enough :smile:

You have no idea how close I was to falling asleep just now! But thank you for the gif, it made me laugh :lol: you have successfully motivated me to stay awake haha
Original post by Gorwell
I'll let you off since it's computing. :tongue: You might have picked up extra marks for working out and stuff so you never know! Don't stress about the grade too much, as long as it is enough to get you up to the next step then you're fine :biggrin:

What sort of books do you like? :smile:

I think even with the extra marks I still got a B. I think it's just me doubting myself haha! Whenever I think I've got an A grade I'm usually confident but I don't know I just didn't think that after the two Maths exams (I was more confident about Calculator, but definitely wasn't with Non-Calculator). :smile:

Even though I love English I'm not even much of a reader (shocking I know). :tongue: I'm more of a person who likes to read the news and non-fiction. But I have read some brilliant books like Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Fault in Our Stars. That's about it though, really, more of a TV person. Could you recommend any good books though? I want to get more into reading.
Original post by charlottejyp
Haha, thank you very much then! :h: ah, thanks,that's good to know, I was suggesting it as an option for lyrical :smile: what do you want to do at uni?

:lol: we shall see, we shall see :wink:
But being a lecturer could be quite good! If you're really passionate about it and really love it then that sounds like a good option as you'll be spending all your time doing it :biggrin: and I don't think it's a bad thing doing a phd, especially if you really enjoy the subject :smile:
Haha, fair enough :smile:

You have no idea how close I was to falling asleep just now! But thank you for the gif, it made me laugh :lol: you have successfully motivated me to stay awake haha

I used to want to be one, they normslly are research scientist aswell which souunds awesome :biggrin: but could get very boring to teach :frown: it's not the content that would get boring but the repetitive nature that you'd have to go through it, for hours and hours -_-
I would love to do a phd! Gain mastery in a subject :moon: but i don't know if it is really worth it :/

Sleep is fpr the weak
I think your asleep so no gif for you :wink:
Original post by lyricalvibe
I used to want to be one, they normslly are research scientist aswell which souunds awesome :biggrin: but could get very boring to teach :frown: it's not the content that would get boring but the repetitive nature that you'd have to go through it, for hours and hours -_-
I would love to do a phd! Gain mastery in a subject :moon: but i don't know if it is really worth it :/

Sleep is fpr the weak
I think your asleep so no gif for you :wink:

Ah yeah, that's fair enough. We'll see though because it's still early days so you don't have to make any decisions now, at least you have these ideas though so it's good :biggrin: you'd be a doctor then! :eek: you don't know because you're still a few years from doing one yet :lol: over time things will influence our decisions and they can change our mind and we're still in year 11 (kind of haha) so we still got time, dw about it :smile:

:lol: I fell asleep haha :frown: I managed till 3:45 so that's okay :lol: really wanted that gif though haha :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gorwell
Ahh I see! Sounds like a great idea :biggrin: have you always had a fascination with sciences or is it something that you've developed over GCSEs??

I didn't like anything before Year 9 xD But yeah, it mainly developed over Year 9, 10 and 11. And in year 11, I realised that Chemistry was the one I was really passionate about xD
:eek::eek: This is super early. Sadly I can't really join in since I'm not thinking of going to Cambridge nor 2016 entry!! However, I wish you all the best of luck!
Wow- this is early- anyway I'm a 2014 offer holder for history so feel free to ask anything :biggrin:
I'm so glad someone started this thread!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smile:D
Wow- this is early- anyway I'm a 2014 offer holder for history so feel free to ask anything :biggrin:

Out of curiosity, what were your AS UMS?
Original post by thechemistress
Out of curiosity, what were your AS UMS?

Average of 99.1% over top 3, I don't think one of the interviews went very well so I think my UMS made up for it :tongue:
Original post by smile:D
Average of 99.1% over top 3, I don't think one of the interviews went very well so I think my UMS made up for it :tongue:

Jeez, that's incredible. How in earth did you manage that? What subjects did you do?
Jeez, that's incredible. How in earth did you manage that? What subjects did you do?

I did history, geog, french and eng lit. To be honest, I don't know how I did it either :rolleyes:, I was expecting to do well but not that well, but the scaling is quite nice for AS, as in one of my exams I found out I dropped 10 raw marks but still got 100% UMS :K:!
Original post by TirnanF
I'm taking:
Maths
Further Maths
Chemistry
Physics

At the minute I would apply for maths.

Ok, this is just spooky. I'm taking exactly the same a levels and planning on studying maths at Cambridge... :gasp:
Original post by PrimeLime
Ok, this is just spooky. I'm taking exactly the same a levels and planning on studying maths at Cambridge... :gasp:

Dude, it's really not that rare :tongue: I have at least 5 friends who are exactly the same.
Haha this thread is very early! :wink:

I'm an offer holder for Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences at Trinity (2014 entry) and have just finished my A2 exams so feel free to ask me any questions! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm taking maths, bio, chem and physics next year, hopefully will study NatSci.
Dude, it's really not that rare :tongue: I have at least 5 friends who are exactly the same.

No, I mean this, plus the fact that we both took GCSE Maths a year early and we are both expecting the exact same GCSE grades. (Not taking the same GCSEs of course... that would be weird...)
Original post by Claree
Haha this thread is very early! :wink:

I'm an offer holder for Chemical Engineering via Natural Sciences at Trinity (2014 entry) and have just finished my A2 exams so feel free to ask me any questions! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At lasttttt :biggrin: A NatSci person :biggrin: What were your AS UMS? was your interview difficult? :smile:
Original post by PrimeLime
No, I mean this, plus the fact that we both took GCSE Maths a year early and we are both expecting the exact same GCSE grades. (Not taking the same GCSEs of course... that would be weird...)

Oh, right xD Well, a few of those people did take GCSE Maths a year early :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending