The Student Room Group

End of Yr 10... math mock

We've been doing stats for most the year. I did my test yesterday, from what I've calculated I've prob got an A overall. We did about 5 months of actual GCSE maths, I did a mock today, which was June 11 2013 non calc paper edexcel, I think I've got like a high B, is this OK? I'm just trying to think, the marks I lost were a bit silly, and mainly because I forgot how to do subjects. I have mathswatch (didn't pirate it, honestly!! :wink: ) should I just go through the topics I don't understand? I know it's like a year from my GCSE math exam but I'd like to make sure I'm prepared??
Reply 1
Not sure what mathswatch is but my school used MyMaths. But yes that's a great idea.

If you're achieving a B now, with a bit of revision you could easily get an A/A* in maths.
Reply 2
Original post by AdamCee
Not sure what mathswatch is but my school used MyMaths. But yes that's a great idea.

If you're achieving a B now, with a bit of revision you could easily get an A/A* in maths.

Maths has always been my strongest subject.
We use mymaths too, mathswatch is a program which has videos that guide you through every topic in GCSE maths with examples etc
Reply 3
Original post by iMacJack
Maths has always been my strongest subject.
We use mymaths too, mathswatch is a program which has videos that guide you through every topic in GCSE maths with examples etc

In that case, you should be set for an A* definitely.. Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by AdamCee
In that case, you should be set for an A* definitely.. Good luck :smile:

Out of curiosity - what did you achieve?
Reply 5
Original post by iMacJack
Out of curiosity - what did you achieve?

Not sure yet, find out August :eek:
With MathsWatch and MyMaths you can easily achieve an A/A* like AdamCee said. When I was in Year 10, I was a high C at the beginning of the year, sat the exam at the end of year 10 and got an A*, probably because those two resources were there for me - from beginning to end!

Quick Reply

Latest