Occupational Therapy MSc 2015 Watch

julia1992
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,

Just setting up a chat for students applying for the MSc OT programme - 2015 entry.
Does anyone have much idea for post-grad personal statements/ how much experience do you think is needed for this programme?

x
Kk86
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya, I've applied It's difficult to say - in some programmes I've noticed them say that they would like you to have experience in two different settings. I have never seen them specify a time duration - most seem interested in what you have learned from the experience/s.
julia1992
Rep:
?
Thanks Kk86 - where have you applied?
Peaky1990
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, Im hoping to Apply for OT in 2015. Ive been accepted to do some volunteering/work experience with the NHS which will be fab! Havent started it yet but will be a great help towards my application.

I'm wanting to apply to Derby University for September 2015, does anyone know when you can start applying?
chloetiv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm applying in 2015 to do OT at Coventry, Huddersfield, Sheffield Hallam, Salford or Glyndwr. I have experience volunteering at a care home, a playscheme for children with disabilities, a playgroup with a small number of children with autism and a primary school. I have no direct experience with an OT as nowhere local will accept me for shadowing due to service user privacy. Just wondering if you guys think this is enough? If not any suggestions what else I could do to boost my application?
Peaky1990
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chloetiv)
Hey, I'm applying in 2015 to do OT at Coventry, Huddersfield, Sheffield Hallam, Salford or Glyndwr. I have experience volunteering at a care home, a playscheme for children with disabilities, a playgroup with a small number of children with autism and a primary school. I have no direct experience with an OT as nowhere local will accept me for shadowing due to service user privacy. Just wondering if you guys think this is enough? If not any suggestions what else I could do to boost my application?
I really think your experience will be enough. If you can demonstrate why you want to go into OT and how your experiences lend towards the career (which I feel they would nicely as they are specifically focused on the health and well being of vulnerable clients) then they will take you seriously.
kizzz!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm hoping to apply at Derby for 2015 too!

Just wondering what degrees have you all have done/doing? Also I have no idea what kind of ages people are that apply to do this course!
Peaky1990
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kizzz!)

Just wondering what degrees have you all have done/doing? Also I have no idea what kind of ages people are that apply to do this course!
I'm 24. Graduated 3 years ago got a Bsc in Psychology. I think the ages will really vary. But you have to have a degree to minimum 21yrs old?? I'm super excited to apply. But the actual application form scares me much more than anything else like interviews etc. it's the very first impression. When will you apply?
julia1992
Rep:
?
(Original post by kizzz!)

Hey also thinking of Derby! I've done a course in human communication sciences at sheffield - so did a lot of different modules and wanted a more hands on career! how about you?
sarahs2121
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi
I am also considering applying to Derby, I have just graduated in BSc Psychology and am working as a support worker for adults with learning disabilities. I'm nervous/excited to apply - just hope I can make my application good enough!
HannahCM
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have just completed a 4yr degree in Physiology and am hoping to apply to as many places as possible! (Once they are covered by the NHS bursaries)
HannahCM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really hoping someone can help me, I'm an Irish student living in Ireland and would love to apply to Essex (among others). Does anyone know if they offer NHS funded places to people not resident in the UK? Any info I have managed to find on them seems to contradict itself... I know Brunel and LSBU are funded and I will be applying to them but I really hope Essex is too!
DB2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, I have applied for the Msc OT program for 2015 intake, Brighton, Essex and Southbank as its so competitive I have given myself more chance of getting on the course. I currently work as a Therapy support worker on a rehab ward and have done so for last year! I applied last year to only 1 university but was only put on waiting list and was unsuccessful, it is very competive I must say, so just hoping I get on the course this year! Don't really want to wait another year...in terms of my personal statement I used the one from last year and added few more things I had experience whilst working where I am and my shadowing experience also . I hope it's enough
DB2014
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
@ Hannah CM Essex is funded too I have applied for Essex2015 Msc- application process is quite lengthy, but I will recieve some news in three weeks! Been accepted as Home student, but you have to provide a whole load of documents, but I guess if that means I get on the course, I'm game! Although my first choice is London Southbank as closest university to me
julia1992
Rep:
?
Hey was wondering if anyone had any interviews yet? I have one for Teeside tomorrow & cumbria next month!
If anyone had any advice or tips let me know!
chloetiv
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an interview for Salford on the 4th of February! Anyone else?
jimbles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm also applying for msc ot too. I graduated uni this year but work as a support worker at the moment. Where you all applying for?

So far I've applied for Northumbria and Brunel. There aren't many pre-reg NHS funded courses are there?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
HannahCM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone else heard back from Brunel??
itsamy2287
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
HannahCM, I've heard back from Brunel...have an interview on the 26th March. How about you?
HannahCM
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by itsamy2287)
HannahCM, I've heard back from Brunel...have an interview on the 26th March. How about you?
That's great, well done I have an interview with them too, it's on 26th February
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
16.31%
The paper was reasonable (192)
51.34%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
21.39%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.96%

Watched Threads